Summer Tablecloth Weights and Basket
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Baby
Blue, Blue Chiffon, Bright Yellow,
Burnt Sienna, Butter, Colonial Green, Deep Teal, Electric Pink, French Vanilla, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium Green, Lavender, Melon, Payne’s Grey, Peony Pink, Snow (Titanium) White, Soft Blue, Soft Lilac, Traditional Burnt Umber
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Shader,
Series 7300, #2, #4, #8, #12; Liner, Series 7350, #6/0, #1;
Specialty: Maxine’s Oval Mop Goat
Hair, Series 270, 1/2”
- DecoArt: Faux Glazing Medium;
DuraClear Varnish, Satin; Americana
Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Rust-Oleum Automotive Spray
Primer, Light Gray
- Watering cans
- Basket (#101), 9”x6”x4”
- 1. Spray watering cans with primer. Allow to cure a couple days.
- 2. Base basket lid Blue Chiffon. Softly float Baby Blue around edges of lid; mop to soften. Base handle French Vanilla, edge of lid Melon, and top rim
of basket Baby Blue.
- 3. Base watering cans as follows: can area of tall pink can Melon, spout and handle Butter; large round can Colonial Green, sprinkler arm and handle Soft Blue; can with two handles Baby Blue, sprinkler arm and handles Butter; oil can French Vanilla, handle and spout Soft Lilac.
- 4. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto basket lid.
- 1. Refer to painting charts. (Note: Paint cans on basket in same manner as actual cans.)
- 1. Use #2 shader and Soft Blue to paint
checks along top and bottom of can; use #4 shader and Melon for checks on handle. Use #1 liner to paint Deep Teal stripes and wavy line on sprinkler arm; add Melon dots along wavy line and separating arm from sprinkler head. Add row of Snow White dots above Melon line.
- 2. Use #1 liner to paint Deep Teal scroll
lines and use brush mix of Deep Teal and Soft Blue for stroke work. Paint hearts Melon and remaining dots Snow White.
- 1. Use 6/0 liner and Hauser Med. Green to paint stems and stroke leaves. Stroke flower petals Butter; dot base of petals Melon. Paint stripe along top and bottom of can Butter, and in center of both handles Melon. Add random Baby Blue dots on sprinkler head and arm.
- 1. Use stylus to dot flower petals Soft Lilac and centers Melon; randomly dot Snow White. Use Snow White and #1 liner to paint stripes along top and bottom of can; add stripes and strokes on spout.
- 1. Mark of a line 2” from bottom edge of can. Use #4 shader to paint Butter stripes in bottom area. Paint Snow White checks in upper area. Use #1 liner to paint Baby Blue stripe between sections and along top of can; add random dots on spout and handle.
Shade and Highlight Cans on Basket
- 1. Use #12 shader to very softly float
Payne’s Grey along both sides of each
can; shade lower sides of spouts, arms, and handles.
- 2. Wet each watering can with clean water; float back-to-back Snow White in center of each can then mop to soften. Repeat if needed on yellow and pink cans. Use Snow White to highlight top curves of handles and top edges of spouts. Very softly float Traditional Burnt Umber on cans behind front cans.
- 1. Use 6/0 liner to paint fine Hauser Med.
Green stem lines. For leaves, use #4
shader and any mix of Med., Dk., and Lt. Hauser Green.
- 2. For daisies, use #1 liner to stroke
Snow White petals. Base center Bright Yellow; shade Burnt Sienna and add Snow White highlight line. Dot Burnt Sienna around centers.
- 3. For Razz Tazz Coneflowers, use #1 liner to dab fluffy centers in Peony Pink with dabs of Electric Pink; highlight center with touch of Snow White. Stroke petals Peony Pink; highlight Electric Pink on left side of a few petals.
- 4. For Black Eyed Susan, use #1 liner to stroke French Vanilla petals. Base center Burnt Sienna; shade Traditional
Burnt Umber along bottom. Use Bright Yellow to highlight stroke a few upper petals.
- 5. For Lavender, double load #2 shader with Snow White and Lavender; pull petals from bottom up making petals larger at bottom and smaller as you work up.
- 1. For checks at bottom of lid and in upper corners, use #12 shader and Snow White. Follow instructions from “Blue Can” to paint stem, leaves and flowers on rim of basket. Follow instructions from “Yellow Can” to paint flowers and to dot basket handle.
- 2. Apply three coats varnish on painted
areas of basket and on cans or spray
sealer on cans.
- 1. Paint a tablecloth to match your weights. Simply enlarge the basket pattern for one large center design or
randomly add several scenes about your tablecloth.