- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Maroon, Antique Mauve, Avocado, Dark Chocolate, Deep Teal, Dioxazine Purple, Grape Juice, Graphite, Green Mist, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Light Buttermilk, Milk Chocolate, Mink
Tan, Moon Yellow, Oxblood, Pistachio Mint, Poodleskirt Pink, Sand, Snow (Titanium) White, Soft Blue, Soft Lilac, Taffy Cream, Tangerine, True Ochre, Tuscan Red, Uniform Blue, Winter Blue
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Round, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8; Script, #20/0,
#10/0, #5/0; Shader, #14; Flat Wash, 1”; Filbert, #4; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop, Series
400, #6, #8, #12; Fabric Round, Series B1500, #4, #8, #10
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Acrylic Gesso
- Tin Tree (#10198) from Della and
- 1. Wipe metal with damp cloth and dry. Use damp sea sponge to sponge Gesso onto entire tree. Let dry. Use flat wash to base entire tree with two coats Sand.
- 2. Trace pattern; transfer basic shapes onto tree. Sponge Winter Blue onto all background areas allowing some Sand to show through. Use Uniform Blue to shade behind design areas; lightly spatter background areas. (Note: Use Sand to touch up blue spatters on design areas.)
- 1. Use round brushes to basecoat, #5/0 script for painting egg flowers, #10/0 for larger strokes, and #20/0 for fine details, shader and flat wash for shading and highlighting, filbert to
stipple large carrot top, fabric rounds
to dry brush, mop brushes to blend
floated areas, and stylus to make dots.
- 1. Use pattern as guide to shade (///) and
highlight (...). Refer to photo throughout.
- 1. Base the following: large carrot
Tangerine; green dress areas, small
bunnies bow, and green egg center
Pistachio Mint; purple egg areas and
chick’s bow Soft Lilac; large bunny hat, pink small bow, and rose flowers
Poodleskirt Pink; chick bodies and yellow center of large purple egg Taffy Cream; chick beaks True Ochre; basket Mink Tan; chocolate bunny Milk Chocolate; blue egg ends and egg in basket Soft Blue, flower leaves Green
Mist; red hearts Tuscan Red; large apron
Lt. Buttermilk. Let dry. Transfer details.
- 1. Shade Milk Chocolate. Dry brush ear and face highlights Snow White. Base noses Poodleskirt Pink; shade Tuscan Red. Dry brush cheeks Antique Mauve. Dot Lamp Black eyes; paint eyelashes and eyebrows. Use Milk Chocolate to paint mouth lines. Add Snow White highlight strokes on noses.
- 1. Stroke Snow White hairs. Use Deep Teal
to add dress details and to shade entire
dress. Dry brush highlights Lt. Buttermilk. Use Snow White to highlight apron; dry brush center areas and float along edges of turned up corner. Use Honey Brown to shade apron; paint stitch details and gather lines. Paint carrot buttons on bodice Tangerine; shade Oxblood. Use Deep Teal to stroke carrot tops. Use Lamp Black to dot button holes and to paint threads.
Small Bunny on Hat
- 1. Use Deep Teal to dot ribbon; shade and
add detailing. Highlight Lt. Buttermilk.
Shade large carrot Oxblood and dry brush Moon Yellow highlights; add Oxblood detailing. Stipple carrot top
Avocado then stipple Pistachio Mint
highlights. Shade egg center Milk
Chocolate. Use Dioxazine Purple to add detail lining on purple areas and to
shade edges. Dry brush center of egg
Lt. Buttermilk. Add Snow White highlight
- 1. Shade Dk. Chocolate. Use Moon Yellow
to highlight and to add detail lines on
basket reeds. Shade chocolate bunny
Graphite; use Moon Yellow to highlight
face front and to dry brush center areas
of face and body. Dot eye Graphite.
Paint Uniform Blue center line on blue
egg then add Tuscan Red zigzag lines.
Shade egg Uniform Blue and dry brush
Lt. Buttermilk center highlight. Shade
leaves Avocado and highlight Pistachio
Mint. Shade flowers Tuscan Red and
highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Paint stems
Green Mist. Use Snow White to add
highlight strokes and dot details.
- 1. Shade bodies Honey Brown and highlight
Snow White. Shade beaks Dk. Chocolate
and highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Paint lower beak point Oxblood. Use Lamp Black to dot eyes and beak holes; paint eyebrows and legs. Shade purple bow Dioxazine Purple; add detailing. Use Snow White to add hair tufts and to add highlight strokes.
- 1. Use Tuscan Red to shade bow and to add detailing; highlight Lt. Buttermilk. Use Milk Chocolate to add detailing on tag; shade tag Dk. Chocolate. Paint wording and wire hanger Lamp Black. Use Tuscan Red to dot yellow end of egg. Shade top of egg True Ochre; use Dioxazine Purple to shade remainder of egg and to add tiny detail lines. Stroke flower petals Lt. Buttermilk and dot centers Dioxazine Purple. Use Snow White to add highlight strokes and dot details.
Large Blue Egg on Base
- 1. Use Uniform Blue to line center cross lines, dot ends of egg, and to shade blue areas. Shade pink stripes Tuscan Red. Shade heart Antique Maroon. Dry brush egg highlights Lt. Buttermilk. Add Snow White highlight stroke along left side; dot end.
Large Purple Egg on Base
- 1. Paint flower and leaves in same manner
as in “Basket”. Use Poodleskirt Pink to dot center yellow section of egg; shade area True Ochre. Add Dioxazine Purple stripes and lines on purple sections. Shade purple areas Grape Juice. Add Snow White highlight stroke and dot end.
Large Green Egg on Base
- 1. Use Deep Teal to add lines and stripes. Paint dots Lt. Buttermilk. Shade heart Antique Maroon. Shade egg Deep Teal. Add Snow White highlight stroke and dot end.
- 1. Spray entire surface with sealer. Let dry. Repeat.