Winter White Vintage Stocking
- Linen fabric, 1/2 yd.
- Crinoline, 1/2 yd.
- Vintage linens, hankies and lace
- Vintage buttons
- Lite Steam-A-Seam2 (The Warm Co.)
- Cream button thread and needle
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Disappearing fabric marker
- Iron and pressing board
- Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive (Beacon Adhesives)
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse Steam-A-Seam fusible web onto crinoline.
- Print and cut out pattern. Cut stocking from crinoline and linen.
- Remove backing from fusible web. Arrange vintage linens and hankies onto fusible web, completely covering stocking. Linens can slightly overlap, creating a patchwork effect.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to press stocking. Trim linens even with stocking.
- Glue vintage lace to seams where linens meet.
- With right sides together and using a 1/4” seam allowance, machine sew front (crinoline/vintage linens) to linen back. Clip corners and seams. Turn stocking right side out. Press well.
- Fold lace or vintage linens piece around top opening of stocking. Add more lace and adhere all to stocking with glue.
- For hanger, cut a 6” length from lace, fold in half and glue to inside of stocking.