- Plaid FolkArt Acrylics: Barn Wood,
Burnt Umber, Charcoal Gray, Dove
Grey, English Mustard, Glazed Carrots, Hauser Green Dark, Hauser Green Light, Licorice, Linen, Rose Pink, Sunflower, Tangerine, Titanium White, Yellow Ochre
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: Deerfoot Stippler Russian Fitch, Series 410, 1/4”; La Corneille Golden Taklon: Rake, Series 7120, 1/4”;
La Corneille Golden Taklon—Acrylic
Handle: Liner, Series 7350C, #10/0;
Round, Series 7000C, #3; Shader,
Series 7300C, #4, #8; Glaze/Wash,
Series 7550C, 1”
- Plaid Folk Art: Gesso; Acrylic Lacquer (spray-on), Matte Finish
- Ceramic carrot knob (#9340-HP) by
- Vintage dry sink or surface of choice
- 1. Remove door if possible. Lightly sand
to remove varnish or sheen from gloss
paint. Wipe clean. Apply several Licorice coats to all surfaces.
- 2. Print out patterns.
- 1. Load glaze/wash brush with small amount of Charcoal Gray + Barn Wood (50:50) to dry brush inside panel of door.
- 1. Load #8 shader with English Mustard
and dry brush fl oor under straw. Use
liner to stroke straw from dark to light
in following colors: Burnt Umber, English Mustard, Yellow Ochre, and mix of Yellow Ochre + tch. of Sunfl ower.
- 1. Transfer pattern. Undercoat with Gesso until opaque. Base Tangerine; shade Glazed Carrots. Use liner and mix of thinned Glazed Carrots + tch. of Burnt Umber to add detailing. Add highlights with mix of Sunfl ower + tch. of Tangerine. Paint stems Hauser Green Dk.; overstroke with Hauser Green Lt. Use deerfoot stippler to stipple carrot
top Hauser Green Dk.; use dirty brush
to stipple Hauser Green Lt. highlights.
- 1. Transfer pattern. Undercoat white areas
and inside right ear with Gesso until
opaque. Base Titanium White. Base black
- 2. Wash inside of right ear with very sheer
mix of Rose Pink + tch. of Barn Wood.
Float sheer Barn Wood along outer edges.
- 3. Shade white areas of bunny Linen;
deepen shading in darkest areas with
sheer floats of Barn Wood. Dampen black areas to be highlighted with clean water, one at a time; load rake with
thinned Barn Wood to paint suggestions
of fur here and there using photo as
guide. Load rake with thinned Licorice
to paint fur on head, body, and right ear where black and white areas meet. Pull long Licorice hairs up from base of inner ear.
- 4. Use liner and mix of thinned Barn Wood
+ tch. of Charcoal Grey to paint details
on snout and feet. Use shader and mix
of Rose Pink + tch. of Barn Wood to
fl oat small amount on nose and mouth.
- 5. Use round brush and Charcoal Gray to
paint entire eye. Paint iris Burnt Umber
and pupil Licorice. Dry brush touch of
Dove Grey on upper right area of pupil.
Add Titanium White dip dots refl ection
highlights. Load liner with thinned Dove
Grey to outline eyes and to paint
whiskers, eyelashes and eyebrows.
- 1. Cut pattern close to outer edges.
Position pattern over bunny’s head so as not to obscure facial details. Transfer pattern; line up edges to finish transferring over entire design area. Use liner and brush mix of Charcoal Gray and Dove Grey to paint wire using different values to make wire appear shaded and highlighted; use broken lines and imperfect strokes to make wire appear old and bent.
- 1. Add straw in same manner as above to front of bunny, carrot, and on raised
frame of door. (Optional: Sand edges of
door frame to distress; wipe dust.) Spray with sealer.