Spring Time Door Clock
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Asphaltum, Avocado, Avocado Dip, Black Green, Bleached Sand Burnt Sienna, Canyon Orange, Dioxazine Purple, Lilac, Moon Yellow, Pansy Lavender, Sable Brown, Soft Black, Summer Lilac, Terra Cotta, Warm White, Williamsburg Blue, Winter Blue; Dazzling Metallics: Rich Espresso, Splendid Gold
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #4, #10, #14; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Chisel Blender, #8; Round, #1; Script, #10/0, #1; Fan, #4; Filbert, #10; Deerfoot, 1/4”; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop, Series 400; 1/4”, 1/2”
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic Multi-Purpose Sealer; DuraClear Varnish,
- Wood clock with four panels
(#100837) from Cabin Crafters
- 1. Use chisel blender or deerfoot for all
dry brushing. Use #10 or #14 shader or flat wash to do most floating. Use mop brush to soften floats, gently pouncing over water’s edge. All line work is done using either #10/0 or #1 liners; always thin paint to inky consistency, fully load liner, then blot tip on paper towel.
- 1. Remove clock and set aside. Sand, seal,
and sand pieces, wiping dust in between.
Base main part of clock Rich Espresso.
- 2. Print out pattern.
- 1. Base entire door Summer Lilac. Transfer
pattern. Use Lilac to base top and right
side of molding trim, and use Pansy
Lavender to base left side and bottom
of molding trim. (Note: Use 1/4” painter’s tape to help establish clean straight edges.) Use Pansy Lavender to shade upper right miter corners of molding; highlight lower right and upper left miter corners Summer Lilac.
- 2. Base all hardware Splendid Gold. Use
Rich Espresso to dot screws and to shade door knob; add Warm White comma stroke highlight to doorknob. Use Pansy Lavender to shade under hardware and doorknob, and to shade to left of wreath and flower pot, and on door along right side.
- 1. Use deerfoot and Avocado to stipple
wreath shape; while wet, stipple with
Avocado Dip highlights. Use #2 shader
and Moon Yellow to base ribbon and
bow; shade Terra Cotta and highlight
Warm White. Double-load round brush
with Dioxazine Purple and Warm White
to stroke on little flowers. Randomly dot wreath Warm White.
- 2. For nest, stroke grassy twigs with
Asphaltum; highlight Sable Brown and
once again with brush mix of Sable
Brown and Warm White. Base eggs Winter Blue; shade Williamsburg Blue and highlight Warm White.
- 1. Base sign and post Bleached Sand; shade
Winter Blue. Use Pansy Lavender to
- 1. Base pots Terra Cotta; shade Burnt
Sienna and dry brush Bleached Sand
- 2. For tulips, base leaves Avocado; dry
brush soft Avocado Dip highlights and
shade Black Green. Stroke stems with
brush mix of Avocado and Avocado Dip.
Base tulips Moon Yellow; shade petals
Canyon Orange. Paint soil Soft Black.
- 3. For crocus, base leaves Avocado; stroke
some with brush mix of Avocado and Moon Yellow. Double-load round brush with Pansy Lavender and Dioxazine Purple to stroke on little crocus buds.
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats. Replace clock.