Quilled Baby Frame
- Papier-mâché frame, 8”x10
- Cardstock: pink, blue, light green
- Quilling paper, 1/8”-wide: light green, medium yellow, orange
- White pearls, 4mm, 12
- Slotted quilling tool
- Embossing tool
- Paints: mint; dimensional: white, black
- Flat paintbrush, 1/2”
- Paper punches: leaf; medium daisy; small flower; round, 3/16”
- Beacon Adhesives Zip-Dry Paper Glue
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply gesso to frame; let dry. Basecoat frame mint. Add white dimensional dots to frame front.
- For vines, cut ten 3”-long light green quilling strips. Use fingers to give slight curve to each strip. Place slotted quilling tool into one paper end and curl five to six times. Gently remove tool. Adhere three vines together for left and top sides of frame. Adhere two vines together for lower right and bottom of frame. Adhere vines to frame as shown.
- Cut ten 5”-long yellow quilling strips. Roll two strips into loose 7/16” circles (ducks’ heads) and remaining strips into 7/16”-long teardrops (buds). Adhere buds to vines.
- Punch out five light green leaves; use embossing tool to make veins. Adhere leaves to vines on bottom right corner. Punch out seven additional leaves, emboss veins, and adhere to vines on upper left corner.
- Punch out five pink medium daisies. Use embossing tool to make dimple in centers. Adhere pearls to flower centers. Adhere three daisies to upper left corner and two daisies to lower right corner.
- Punch seven blue small flowers. Embellish flowers in same way as pink flowers. Adhere five flowers to upper left corner and two flowers to lower right corner.
- For duck’s body, roll two yellow quilling strips into 3/4”-long teardrops. Adhere bodies to top right and bottom left frame corners. Adhere heads to bodies. Cut three small 1/2” orange strips for each duck; fold in half. Adhere two on body for legs and one to face for bill. Punch two blue circles for eyes; adhere to faces. Use black dimensional paint to dot pupils; let dry.
Quilled Baby Frame