Welcome Friends Garden Sign
- Vintage chair seat or wooden plaque, 15” square
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Lamp Black, Cadmium Yellow, Warm White, Olive Green, Leaf Green, Salem Blue, Sapphire
- Stencils: floral vine of choice; lowercase alphabet, 1-1/2” tall
- DecoArt Americana Gel Stain: wood stain of choice
- Royal & Langnickel Paintbrushes: Crafter’s Choice Stencil, Series 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2”; Golden Taklon Liner, Series 595, #1
- Drill and drill bits
- Sisal rope
sandpaper, soft cloth, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- If using vintage chair seat, remove old finish and sand. Apply stain to seat or plaque; wipe with soft cloth.
- Stencil “welcome friends” with Lamp Black; shade top right side of letters Warm White. Let dry.
- Stencil vines and flowers across top left and bottom right side of sign. Add additional vines and flowers as needed. Stencil leaves and vines Olive Green; shade undersides Warm White. Stencil flowers Salem Blue; shade centers Sapphire. Stencil dots in centers Cadmium Yellow. Use liner brush to paint Leaf Green vein through leaf centers. Let dry.
- Drill two holes in top of sign. Insert two sisal rope lengths through holes and knot ends at top.