Molta Pasta Party
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Enamels:
Antique Gold, Baby Blue, Burnt
Sienna, Calypso Blue, Dark Chocolate, Deep Midnight Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Foliage Green, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Medium Green, Light Buttermilk, Napa Red, Saffron Yellow, True Blue, True Red, White
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon: Wash/Glaze, Series, 7550, 1”; Filbert, Series 7500, #4, #8, #12; Script Liner, Series 7050, #1
- Bread Board (#6180), Coffee Jar with Spoon (#3807), Pasta Jar (#5902, 12”) from Maryland China
- Spice Jars, and Vinegar and Oil Cruets available through World Market
- Large white ceramic bowl, wooden
napkin holder, and wine glasses
- Optional: Loew-Cornell Spongit Tool, 1/2”
- 1. When painting on china or glass, allow
first coat to dry thoroughly before
applying additional coats to avoid
lifting. Allow painted projects to dry
48 hours and air cure 21 days before
using. Place ceramic items in cold oven, set temperature to 325°, and bake for 30 minutes; turn off oven and crack open door. Allow surface to cool before removing from oven. Note: Not recommended for direct contact with food.
- 1. Use 250-300 grit sandpaper to lightly
sand bread board and napkin holder
following grain of wood. Use wash/glaze
to base napkin holder White and top of
bread board Foliage Green.
- 2. Print out patterns; randomly transfer veggies and leaf patterns to surfaces as desired.
- 1. Refer to painting chart.
- 1. All veggies are worked in a wet
into wet technique. Do not wash brush
throughout process; just wipe on paper
towel between color changes.
Veggies & Herbs for China & Wood Tomatoes
- 1. Use #12 filbert and True Red to stroke tomato in three to four long strokes. Wipe brush, pick up Saffron Yellow, and stroke in highlight. Wipe brush, pick up Napa Red, and stroke down right side and about 1/2” across entire bottom. Use liner and Napa Red to line across top edge of tomato and along right side. Double-load #8 filbert with Foliage Green and Hauser Dk. Green to stroke in calyxes.
- 1. Use #12 filbert and Baby Blue to stroke along right edge (or top) in two long strokes. Wipe brush, pick up Dioxazine Purple, and stroke in remaining two-thirds (or bottom); deepen left edge (or very bottom) with more Dioxazine Purple. Use liner and Dioxazine Purple to line across top and down bottom of eggplant. Use #8 filbert and Hauser Dk. Green to stroke in calyxes.
- 1. Use #12 filbert and Foliage Green to stroke center of pepper; stroke Hauser Med. Green to each side. Wipe brush, pick up small amount of Saffron Yellow, and stroke in highlight. Wipe brush, pick up Hauser Dk. Green, and stroke down left side and about 1/2” across entire bottom. Use liner and Hauser Dk. Green to paint stem, and to line across top edge of pepper and down right side.
- 1. Use #12 filbert and Lt. Buttermilk to stroke onion in long strokes. Wipe brush, pick up Burnt Sienna, and pull color up from bottom of onion; dab roots using same brush and color. Pick up small amount of Dk. Chocolate and stroke up from bottom. Use liner and Burnt Sienna to pull a few strokes from top down.
- 1. Use liner and Dk. Chocolate to stroke in branch. Use #4 filbert and Hauser Med. Green to pull leaves from branch.
- 1. Use #8 filbert and Foliage Green to stroke one half of leaf; wipe brush,
pick up small amount of Hauser Dk.
Green, and stroke other half of leaf. Use liner and Hauser Med. Green to paint
- 1. Mix A = Deep Midnight Blue + Baby Blue (3:1); mix fair amount in an airtight container.
- 1. Use #8 filbert and Mix A to paint all edges. Use #4 filbert and Calypso Blue to stroke small leaves; line branches. Use Spongit or large handle end of paintbrush to randomly dot Antique Gold.
- 1. Use #12 filbert to base lid with Mix A. Use #4 filbert and Calypso Blue to stroke on leaves. Use #8 filbert to paint knob Antique Gold. Use liner to add Foliage Green band. Add small Calypso Blue leaves and Antique Gold
dots on jar side in same manner as
napkin holder. Add basil leaves in same
manner as previously instructed.
- 1. Base bottom 1-1/4” with Mix A. Use
liner to add Calypso Blue and Antique
Green vertical lines and add Foliage
Green band across top edge. Add small
Calypso Blue leaves and Antique Gold
dots in same manner as napkin holder.
Add Rosemary leaves in same manner as
- 1. Paint lids in desired colors. Use liner and Hauser Dk. Green to add lettering. Add random Antique Gold dots to sides.
- 1. Use #8 filbert and Calypso Blue to base bottom scalloped area. Use liner to add Mix A and Antique Gold vertical stripes, and add Foliage Green band across top and bottom edges. Add random Antique Gold dots to sides.
- 1. Use liner to add stripes on top of board with Mix A, Antique Gold, and Calypso Blue. Use Calypso Blue to band edges of tile and to paint side edges of board.
- 1. Paint bottom section Mix A; use liner to add a band of Calypso Blue above painted section, then Foliage Green. Use liner and Antique Gold to paint letters.
- 1. Base sides of jar Mix A. Base lid Antique Gold. Use #4 fi lbert to stroke Calypso Blue leaves on sides. Use liner to paint bands in Calypso Blue and
Foliage Green. Paint lettering Antique