"Beary" Creative Brush Container
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Rose, Cadmium Yellow, Camel, Celery
Green, Dark Chocolate, Evergreen,
Honey Brown, Jade Green, Lamp
(Ebony) Black, Lavender, Light
Buttermilk, Light Mocha, Summer Lilac, Wedgewood Blue, Williamsburg Blue
- Brushes: Daler-Rowney: Robert Simmons Expression: Flat
Wash/Glaze, Series E55, 3/4”; Flat
Shader, Series E60, #2, #8; Angle
Shader, Series E57, 1/4”, 3/8”; Liner, Series E51, #18/0, #0; Pointed Round, Series E85, #3; Oval Mop, Series E52, 3/8”;
Decorator Stencil Brush, Series 960, 1/4”
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Spray Primer,
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Satin
- Potato chip can
- 1. Remove lid and set aside. Swish warm
soapy water inside and rinse thoroughly;
do not let water sit inside and avoid
wetting outside of can. Dry thoroughly
with paper towel. Allow to air dry
- 2. Follow manufacturer’s directions to
apply several light primer coats on can
until solid coverage is achieved. Use flat wash/glaze to base Camel. Paint top and bottom rims Lt. Mocha. Print out patterns; transfer oval outline. Base oval Lt. Mocha. Transfer basic details.
- 1. Dry brush Celery Green “grass”
around feet. Base design as follows:
bear Honey Brown; muzzle Camel; shirt Celery Green; collar and pants Williamsburg Blue; pant cuffs with equal mix of Williamsburg Blue + Lt. Mocha; palette Lt. Buttermilk; paintbrush handle Lamp Black; bristles
- 1. Transfer details. Base pocket
Williamsburg Blue. Use 18/0 liner and thinned Celery Green to paint linework on pant cuffs.
- 2. Use Dk. Chocolate to shade back-to-back
floats along edges of oval; shade edges of bear and muzzle making sure to float thumbs, and brush bristles. Shade shirt Evergreen. Use Wedgewood Blue to shade collar, pocket, pants, and cuffs.
- 3. Use Antique Rose to fl oat sides of
muzzle for cheeks; add “paint” to top of
bristles and paint splashes. Shade paint
on bristles and splashes Dk. Chocolate.
- 4. Dry brush shirt Jade Green along both
sides of center; dry brush a bit on grass.
- 5. Use Lamp Black to shade palette; use
thin sheer float to reinforce shading
under collar, across bottom edges of
pocket, underneath shirt edge, below
shirt sleeves, around bear’s ears and
muzzle, between pant legs, and on feet
below pant cuffs. Paint eyes, eyelashes,
nose, mouth line, and mouth dot. (Note:
Use 18/0 liner and thinned paint for
eyelashes and mouth line. Paint lashes
from eye out.) Dot shirt buttons. Float
Williamsburg Blue along bottom of eyes
and add Lt. Mocha highlight dots.
- 6. Use 18/0 liner and thinned Dk. Chocolate to add hair strands on head.
Repeat using thinned Camel.
- 7. Add palette paint colors as follows:
Celery Green, Antique Rose,
Williamsburg Blue, Camel, Evergreen,
Wedgewood Blue, Summer Lilac, Cadmium Yellow, Honey Brown.
- 8. Use #0 liner and following colors to
paint flowers in grass: Antique Rose,
Summer Lilac, Lavender. Dot centers
- 1. Use #0 liner and mix of thinned Dk.
Chocolate + tch. of Lamp Black to paint
vine. Use #2 fl at shader and thinned
Evergreen to paint leaves; use 18/0 liner to pull some stems and thin vines.
- 1. Apply several light varnish coats.