"The Sweet Spot" Treat Jar
- Cabin Crafters Treat Dispenser (100844), 7-1/2”x5”x5-1/2”
- Ball glass canning jar
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Pink, Colonial Green, Crimson Tide, Driftwood, Golden Straw, Graphite, Grey Sky, Hauser Dark Green, Lavender, Leaf Green, Lemon Yellow, Milk Chocolate, Napa Red, Raw Umber, Royal Fuchsia, Sable Brown, Slate Grey, Snow (Titanium) White, Teal Green, Toffee, True Red, Uniform Blue
- Loew-Cornell La Corneille Golden Taklon Paintbrushes: Series 7550C Acrylic Handle Wash/Glaze 1”; Series 7400C Angular Shader 1/8”, 1/4”, 3/8”; Series 7350C Liner 10/0; Series 7000C Round #1, #3; Series 7300C Shader #6; Series 246 Bristle Rake Fan #1; Series 274 Camel Hair Oval Mop 1/2”; Series 412 Bristle Deerfoot Stippler 1/8”, 1/4”
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Matte Sealer/Finisher
fine-tip black pen, transfer paper, sandpaper, stylus, paper towel, newspaper (to cover work surface), palette
- 1. Wash dispenser sides (walls) and candy chute with thinned Toffee using wash/glaze. Use thinned Driftwood to wash dispenser top (roof) and “sidewalk” (bottom 7/8” of dispenser). Let dry. Sand lightly.
- 2. Print out patterns. Transfer cornerstones, sidewalk lines, front door, windows, and awnings.
Cornerstones, Windows, and Sidewalk
- 1. Paint cornerstones slightly thinned Sable Brown using shader. Float shading around outside of windows and door sheer Sable Brown using angular shaders. Deepen shading with sheer Graphite floats. Mop to soften. Shade sidewalk sheer Graphite using 3/8” angular shader.
Windows and Door
- 1. Shade inside windows and glass on door sheer Graphite; mop to soften. Paint lettering on door and windows Snow White using #1 round. Basecoat door frame, window sills, flower boxes, and mullions Driftwood; shade sheer Graphite and highlight Grey Sky.
- 2. Basecoat awnings and door Colonial Green; shade sheer Teal Green and highlight with (1:1) mixture of Colonial Green + Snow White. Use mix to add framed detailing on door. Add Snow White awning stripes using liner. Basecoat awning brass poles Golden Straw; shade Milk Chocolate. Basecoat doorknob plate Driftwood and shade Graphite. Basecoat knob Golden Straw; shade sheer Milk Chocolate and highlight sheer Snow White.
- 1. Load 1/8” deerfoot stippler with Hauser Dark Green and tap in greens in window boxes. While wet, use dirty brush and mix of Colonial Green + touch of Snow White to tap over foliage. Let dry. Load tip of #1 round with mix of Lavender + touch of Snow White and tap in tiny flowers.
- 1. Transfer jars and large suckers. Paint candy in jars True Red, Leaf Green, Lemon Yellow, and Royal Fuchsia using #1 round. Add Snow White stripes using 10/0 liner. Let dry. Float sheer Snow White glass over candy. Paint lids and rims thinned Snow White using #1 round.
- 2. For suckers, load liner with color of choice. Beginning at center, paint loose swirl. Wipe brush and pick up Snow White and paint another swirl next to first swirl. Paint sucker stick Snow White.
- 1. Transfer taffy barrels pattern. Basecoat Milk Chocolate and shade Raw Umber. Paint dark lines between staves Raw Umber using liner. Drybrush highlights (1:1) mixture Milk Chocolate + Golden Straw using #1 round. Paint metal bands Graphite using liner; drybrush Grey sky highlights. Paint taffy pieces using tip of #1 round as follows: mix of Snow White + touch of Baby Pink; mix of Snow White + touch of Lemon Yellow; mix of Snow White + touch of Leaf Green. Paint candy wrapper ends Snow White using liner. Paint sign Milk Chocolate; use black pen to add lettering.
- 1. Transfer gumball machine pattern. Basecoat red areas Crimson Tide; shade Napa Red using 1/8” angular shader. Basecoat stand and metal plate Slate Grey; shade Graphite and highlight Grey Sky. Dot gumballs Leaf Green, Lemon Yellow, Royal Fuchsia, and True Red using stylus. Float either side of glass bubble sheer Snow White using 1/8” angular shader.
- 1. Transfer lamp post pattern. Basecoat Graphite; drybrush Slate Grey using #3 round. Wash glass Snow White, let dry, and wash again Golden Straw.
- 1. Transfer bench pattern. Basecoat Milk Chocolate; shade Raw Umber. Drybrush highlights (1:1) mixture of Milk Chocolate + Golden Straw using #1 round. Paint slats Raw Umber using liner. Paint arms and legs Graphite using #1 round; drybrush Slate Grey.
- 1. Transfer hanging baskets pattern. Paint metal poles Graphite using #1 round; let dry and drybrush Slate Grey. Load 1/4” deerfoot stippler with Milk Chocolate to tap in baskets. Load 1/8” deerfoot stippler with Hauser Dark Green and tap in greens; while wet, use dirty brush and mix of Colonial Green + touch of Snow White to tap over foliage. For baskets next to Fudge window, tap in flowers with mix of Lavender + touch of Snow White using 1/8” deerfoot stippler. Pick up mix of Lemon Yellow + touch of Snow White to tap in small yellow flowers. For baskets next to Chocolate window, double-load 1/8” deerfoot stippler with True Red and Napa Red to tap in flowers. Load toe of dirty brush with Snow White to highlight flowers. Add thinned Hauser Dark Green tendrils using liner.
- 1. Transfer bicycle pattern. Paint tires Graphite using #1 round; drybrush Grey Sky. Paint rims and other metal parts Grey Sky using liner; shade Graphite and highlight with touches of Snow White. Paint fenders, seat, and handle bars Crimson Tide; drybrush Grey Sky. Wash basket Milk Chocolate; shade with pure Milk Chocolate and drybrush Golden Straw. Add Lemon Yellow details using liner.
- 1. Transfer mailbox pattern. Basecoat blue areas Uniform Blue and red areas Crimson Tide. Highlight blue areas mix of Uniform Blue + touch of Snow White using 1/4” angular shader. Shade red areas Napa Red. Add Uniform Blue and Grey Sky details using liner.
Ice Cream Parlor Set
- 1. Transfer ice cream parlor set pattern. Wash wood areas of table, chairs, and sign board Milk Chocolate; shade Raw Umber and highlight Golden Straw. Use black pen to add lettering to top of sign board. Basecoat chalkboard area on sign Graphite; add Snow White lettering. Paint wrought iron on chairs and table legs Graphite using liner; drybrush Grey Sky.
- 1. Use sheer Graphite to paint shadows under and behind elements on sidewalk. Paint reflections on windows thinned Snow White using rake. Float candy chute Sable Brown and paint trap door knob Colonial Green. Let dry.
- 2. Apply several coats of sealer. Fill jar with your favorite candies and insert on top of dispenser.
- 1. For line work, thin paint to inky consistency, fully load liner, and blot tip on paper towel.