Reindeer Tree Skirt
- Reclaimed decorator round table cloth
- WoolFelt (National Nonwovens): Brown Sugar, 1/2 yd.; Cottage Red, 1/4 yd.; Moss Green, 1/4 yd.
- Glittered ribbon, 3/8": red; green
- 6-strand Embroidery Floss (DMC): Ecru; Garnet (816); Olive Green (732); Black (310)
- Black Color Infusions Memory Thread (DMC)
- Half Ball Cover Buttons (Dritz), three
- Lite Steam-a-Seam (The Warm Co.)
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Embroidery needle
- Iron and pressing board
- Round plate (template)
- Aleene's Fabric Fusion (iLoveToCreate)
- Spread decorator round on work surface and place plate in center for cutting template. Mark lines with marker and cut out. Press and pin seams as needed, using a 1/2" seam allowance. If needed, cut table cloth down to desired size, leaving a 1/2" seam allowance on edges. Press and pin as needed. Machine sew seams together.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions to fuse wool felt to fusible webbing. Print and cut out patterns. From fused felt, cut 12 reindeer from Brown Sugar, 24 leaves from Moss Green and 36 berries from Cottage Red. Fuse reindeer to tree skirt as shown, spacing evenly apart.
- For each reindeer, cut 2-1/2" and two 4" lengths from Memory Thread. Use black thread to couch down pieces on table skirt, placing as shown in photo for antlers. Pull needle and one strand embroidery floss from back of skirt to front and over Memory Thread. Pull needle from front of skirt to back and repeat every 1/4" until pieces are secured. Use three strands Ecru floss to blanket stitch edges of reindeer.
- Fuse berries and holly in place around antlers. Use three strands Garnet floss to blanket stitch edges of berries and three strands of Olive Green to blanket stitch edges of leaves. For collars, cut 1-1/2" lengths from glittered ribbon and glue to necks. Secure stitches with running stitch and one strand Garnet and Olive Green floss, if desired.