- DecoArt: Americana Acrylics: Baby Blue, Boysenberry Pink, Hauser Dark Green, Hauser Light Green, Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Moon Yellow, Napa Red, Olive Green, Petal Pink, Sapphire, Snow (Titanium) White, True Ochre, Violet Haze, Wild Orchid; So Soft Dimensional Glitter Writer: Lime
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150, #8, #12; Filbert, Series R3170, #8 Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1
- Smooth cardboard
- Mylar plastic sheet or projector
- Black Earthwise bag
- 1. (Note: It is not necessary to use fabric
paints, unless you prefer to keep fabric
soft.) Cut cardboard to fit securely
inside bag. Use Lamp Black to paint over
lettering using as many coats as needed
for complete coverage.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto bag using heavy pressure. (Note: Artist recommends using mylar or transparency sheet to trace patterns onto bag to prevent poking holes through transfer paper while transferring patterns.)
Wording and Center Panel
- 1. Base “Retail Therapy” and “feel better!”
Hauser Lt. Green; dry brush Olive Green
highlights in center.
- 2. Base yellow area of oval Moon Yellow
and band Hauser Lt. Green; add Olive
Green checks to band. Use thinned
Honey Brown to line swirl details on
yellow oval; dot centers Snow White.
Use Hauser Lt. Green to base “Buy” and
“Now” background shadow shapes; line
letters Hauser Dk. Green.
- 1. Base pink flower petals Boysenberry Pink; dry brush Petal Pink highlights along outer edges and add Napa Red linework. Base flower centers True Ochre; add random Moon Yellow dots. Paint purple flowers Wild Orchid; paint centers in same manner as pink flowers. Base blue circles Violet Haze. Use equal mix of Sapphire + Baby Blue to add swirls; highlight swirls Baby Blue.
- 1. Line “feel better!” with Lime Glitter
Writer. Randomly add Snow White dots
to bag background. Allow paints to cure
for several days.