Luck of the Irish
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Black
Green, Bright Green, Forest Green,
Hauser Light Green, Leaf Green,
Mistletoe, Snow (Titanium) White
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Majestic: Shader, Series R4150, #4, #12; Short Liner, Series R4595, #1; Glaze/Wash, Series
- Exterior Acrylic Varnish
- Mailbox Covers available through
- 3” foam roller
- Krylon 18K Gold Pen
- 1. Mailbox cover comes primed. Use roller to base one side of cover Leaf Green. For side borders, measure 2” from edges, tape off, and base with mix of Leaf Green + Snow White (1:3). Let dry thoroughly. Print pattern; transfer squares onto border making sure to start
approximately 3” from bottom edges. Base squares Leaf Green.
- 1. Transfer patterns. Base each petal
Mistletoe. Shade Forest Green where
one petal lies under another and at base
of petals. Highlight Bright Green along
outer edges. Use brush mix of Bright
Green and Snow White to brighten
highlight keeping it smaller. Use liner
and Hauser Lt. Green to pull center
vein lines. Use chisel edge of brush and
brush mix of Bright Green and Snow
White to pull in lighter lines to each side of center.
- 2. Use glaze/wash and Black Green to float behind entire design; if needed, deepen
shaded areas on petals.
- 1. Use gold pen to line outside edges of
borders and border squares.
- 2. (Note: Not all mailboxes and/or flags
are the same size. Check your mailbox
for flag placement, then carefully cut out appropriate size hole for flag.) Apply several varnish coats making sure to seal edges.
- 3. Attach mailbox cover in same manner
as “Hearts ‘n Flowers” mailbox cover.
- 1. Use the same design and material to
make a matching garden flag.