- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Brandy
Wine, French Mauve, Golden Straw,
Light Avocado, Reindeer Moss Green,
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Aqualon: Liner, Series R2595, #1;
Royal Fusion: Shader, Series R3150, #4, #6, #8; Filbert, Series R3170, #8
- Acrylic varnish, matte
- Wood candle stand and faux candle
available through Patricia Rawlinson
- 1. Using photo as guide and working from bottom of stand up, basecoat base Reindeer Moss Green; shade Lt. Avocado. Use #6 shader and Lt. Avocado to add checked band; randomly dot base Warm White. Base next section Golden Straw; glaze Brandy Wine. Use Brandy Wine to line tiny little bands below and above Golden Straw section. Base next section and entire under portion of stand French Mauve; glaze Brandy Wine.
- 2. For side edges of stand, base thin
raised edge Brandy Wine. Base wider
edge Golden Straw; shade Brandy Wine. Transfer pattern. Use thinned Lt. Avocado Green to add stroke leaves and vines.
- 3. Base top of stand French Mauve; shade
Brandy Wine along outer edges. Transfer
pattern. Use thinned Warm White to line lace and add thicker Warm White dots and strokes.
- 1. Base Reindeer Moss Green working around drips; apply as many coats as needed for opaque coverage. Shade Lt. Avocado along bottom. Transfer pattern. Use Lt. Avocado to line stems and stroke leaves. For flower petals, double-load #4 shader with French Mauve and Brandy
Wine; stroke a short flat stroke near
flower center so dark color is to inside. Repeat same working around flower center. Dot flower center Golden Straw. Randomly dot Warm White on candle
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats.