- Paper-maché heart box (6”) found at
your local craft store
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Rose, Black Plum, Burnt Umber, Celery Green, Fawn, Light Buttermilk, Light Mocha, Poodleskirt Pink, Sable Brown,
Spice Pink, Tuscan Red
- Optional: Small heart shape stencils
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Shader, #2, #6, #14, #20; Flat Wash, 3/4”; Script Liner,
#20/0, #10/0; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop, Series 400; Dry Brush, Series 200, #8.
- DecoArt DuraClear Varnish, Matte
- Brown technical pen
newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Always use appropriate size brush to basecoat; e.g. use flat wash brush for main basecoating and #6 shader for words. Apply several thin coats as opposed to one thick coat allowing paint to dry between coats. Sand lightly between coats for smooth surface. All dry brushing is done using
decorator dry brush. Use #14 shader or flat wash brush to do most floating;
use mop brush to soften floats, gently
pouncing over water’s edge. Use script
liners for line work; thin paint to inky
consistency, fully load brush, then blot tip.
- 1. Sealing is not necessary, but okay if
desired. Base top of lid Sable Brown,
lid sides Burnt Umber, and bottom of
heart box Lt. Mocha.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic details onto lid.
- 1. Shade Burnt Umber shadow behind left
side of each letter; use same color but
much wider shader to float all around lid edges. Randomly dry brush lid Lt. Mocha. For ribbon on lid sides, use #6 flat and Antique Rose to paint approximately 3/4” long stripes spacing approximately 1/2” apart. Shade ribbon ends Black Plum and add back-to-back Lt. Mocha highlights in centers. Use brown pen to line ends.
- 1. Base Spice Pink. Add vertical and
horizontal Poodleskirt Pink pinstripes.
Where pinstripes intersect add small
Burnt Umber checks using photo as
guide. Between pinstripes add Antique
Rose stitch lines. Float Antique Rose
along left side of each letter. Outline
letters and lightly draw “Mine” backdrop
word with brown pen; add stitch lines to
edges of backdrop word.
- 1. Use liner to stroke Burnt Umber vines.
Paint hearts Tuscan Red or use stencil
to randomly stencil hearts; add Lt.
Buttermilk highlight strokes. Use #2
shader and Celery Green to stroke little
leaves. Use stylus to add random Lt.
Buttermilk dots to vine.
- 1. Use #20 shader to randomly stroke
Poodleskirt Pink checks, #14 shader for
Sable Brown checks, and #6 shader for
Lt. Buttermilk checks. Using appropriate
size shader, shade along left edges as
follows: Antique Rose for pink, Burnt
Umber for brown, and Fawn for buttermilk.
- 1. Apply two to three varnish coats; let dry. Fill with yummy or fun treats!