Live Laugh Love For The Season - Pumpkins
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics, for
all three: Antique Gold, Buttermilk, Deep Burgundy, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Raw Sienna, Warm White
- Pumpkins: Black Plum, Cocoa,
Espresso, Fawn, Georgia Clay,
Hauser Medium Green, Lavender,
Oxblood, Pumpkin, Rookwood Red
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Royal Soft-Grip Gold Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #4, #6, #10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Liner, Series SG595, #0; Script Liner, Series SG585, #20/0; White Bristle Stencil Brush, Series
R1112, 1/4", 3/8"
- Wood sign (5"x10") available
through Betty Bowers
- DecoArt Americana: Gel Stains in
choice of color; Acrylic
- Black craft wire, 19-gauge
- Fabric scrap or raffia
- 1. Drill two 1/16" holes through top of sign, 2" from side edges. Sand surface and wipe dust. Base top of signs Lamp Black. When dry, sand lightly and wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto each sign. Undercoat all elements Buttermilk. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Base Oxblood; shade Black Plum and stipple Pumpkin highlights. Stipple cheeks Rookwood Red. Use Fawn to paint eyes and mouth. Use Lamp Black to paint
nose and add detailing to eyes and
mouth. Add Warm White "twinkles" to
cheeks. Paint Fawn lines across nose.
Paint stem Raw Sienna; highlight Warm White.
- 1. Base Pumpkin; shade Georgia Clay. Stipple cheeks Deep Burgundy. Paint nose
Rookwood Red. Base Antique Gold moons on cheeks; highlight Warm White. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes, eye detailing, and mouth. Add Fawn mouth lines. Paint stem Cocoa; shade Espresso and highlight Warm White. Use Hauser Med. Green to paint leaf and curly vines.
- 1. Base Georgia Clay; shade Rookwood Red and stipple Pumpkin highlights. Stipple
cheeks Deep Burgundy. Paint nose Rookwood Red. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes, mouth and detailing. Add Warm White highlight dots to eyes. Add Fawn cheek dots. Paint stem Cocoa; highlight Warm White. Paint leaf and stem Hauser Med. Green.
- 1. Paint wording Fawn. Add random Yellow Ochre and Hauser Med. Green cluster dots. Paint stars and moon Cocoa. Paint twinkle stars Lavender. Spatter entire sign Warm White.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's directions to
stain back and sides of sign. Apply
several sealer coats. Use wire to hang
sign, bending and shaping as desired.
Tie fabric scrap or raffia on hanger.