Live Laugh Love For The Season - Chickens
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics, for
all three: Antique Gold, Buttermilk, Deep Burgundy, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Raw Sienna, Warm White
- Country Chicks: Antique Rose, Blue
Haze Light, Country Red, Hauser
Light Green, Rookwood Red, Terra Coral, Uniform Blue, Yellow Ochre
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Royal Soft-Grip Gold Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #4, #6, #10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Liner, Series SG595, #0; Script Liner, Series SG585, #20/0; White Bristle Stencil Brush, Series
R1112, 1/4", 3/8"
- Wood sign (5"x10") available
through Betty Bowers
- DecoArt Americana: Gel Stains in
choice of color; Acrylic
- Black craft wire, 19-gauge
- Fabric scrap or raffia
- 1. Drill two 1/16" holes through top of sign, 2" from side edges. Sand surface and wipe dust. Base top of signs Lamp Black. When dry, sand lightly and wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto each sign. Undercoat all elements Buttermilk. (Transfer details as needed.)
Left Red Chicken
- 1. Base Antique Rose; shade Rookwood Red and highlight Terra Coral. Paint feather tuft Terra Coral; lightly highlight Warm White. Base beak Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna and highlight Buttermilk. Add Lamp Black nostril lines. Base waddle Deep Burgundy; add Warm White highlight line. Randomly dot body and cheeks Rookwood Red. Paint Lamp
Black eyes and eyelashes; add Warm White highlight dots.
Middle Yellow Chicken
- 1. Base Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna and highlight Buttermilk. Wash some Raw Sienna feathers over chicken. Add Raw
Sienna feather curls on top of head; lightly
highlight Yellow Ochre. Base beak Yellow Ochre; shade
Raw Sienna and highlight Warm White.
Add Lamp Black nostril lines. Base
waddle Deep Burgundy; add Warm
White highlight line. Paint Lamp Black
eyes and eyelashes; add Warm White
Right Blue Chicken
- 1. Base Blue Haze Lt.; shade Uniform Blue and highlight Buttermilk. Add Uniform Blue feather lines. Base comb Country Red; shade Deep Burgundy and highlight Buttermilk. Base beak Antique Gold; shade Raw Sienna and highlight Buttermilk. Add Lamp Black nostril lines. Base waddle Deep Burgundy; add Warm White highlight line. Paint eyes Lamp Black; add Warm White highlight dots.
- 1. Paint wording Buttermilk. Add random Yellow Ochre five-petal dots; use Hauser Lt. Green to dot centers and line stems. Add Blue Haze Lt. squiggle lines along sign edges; dot Terra Coral between lines. Spatter entire sign Warm White.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's directions to
stain back and sides of sign. Apply
several sealer coats. Use wire to hang
sign, bending and shaping as desired.
Tie fabric scrap or raffia on hanger.