Live Laugh Love For The Season - Snowman
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics, for
all three: Antique Gold, Buttermilk, Deep Burgundy, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Raw Sienna, Warm White
- Snowmen: Country Red, Espresso,
Hauser Light Green, Oxblood,
Plantation Pine, Pumpkin, Yellow
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel: Royal Soft-Grip Gold Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #4, #6, #10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Liner, Series SG595, #0; Script Liner, Series SG585, #20/0; White Bristle Stencil Brush, Series R1112, 1/4", 3/8"
- Wood sign (5"x10") available
through Betty Bowers
- DecoArt Americana: Gel Stains in
choice of color; Acrylic
- Black craft wire, 19-gauge
- Fabric scrap or raffia
- 1. Drill two 1/16" holes through top of sign, 2" from side edges. Sand surface and wipe dust. Base top of signs Lamp Black. When dry, sand lightly and wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines onto each sign. Undercoat all elements Buttermilk. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use Raw Sienna to shade edges of all three faces. Stipple faces Warm White. Dry brush cheeks Deep Burgundy. Base noses Oxblood; highlight Pumpkin. Use Lamp Black to paint eyes, mouths, and detailing lines. Use Warm White to add
highlight dots to eyes and cheeks; add highlight line in mouth.
- 1. Base hat Hauser Lt. Green; shade Plantation Pine. Add Plantation Pine ridge lines on cuff, Warm White dip-dots, and Country Red hearts. Stipple Warm White pompom at top of hat.
- 1. Base hat Raw Sienna; shade Espresso and highlight Buttermilk. Base hat band Country Red; shade Deep Burgundy. Stipple Warm White snow along top edges of hat. Paint Antique Gold moon and star
on cheeks; outline each Lamp Black.
- 1. Paint bough twigs Raw Sienna; shade Espresso. Base pine needles Hauser Lt. Green; highlight Warm White. Stipple Warm White snow on each.
- 1. Use Warm White to paint wording and to add swirls. Add Antique Gold squiggle lines along sign edges; dot Hauser Lt. Green between lines. Spatter entire sign Warm White.
- 2. Follow manufacturer's directions to
stain back and sides of sign. Apply
several sealer coats. Use wire to hang
sign, bending and shaping as desired.
Tie fabric scrap or raffia on hanger.