Seasonal Savings - Snowman
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Maroon, Antique Mauve, Avocado,
Burnt Orange, Burnt Sienna,
Cadmium Yellow, Deep Midnight
Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Evergreen,
Graphite, Hauser Medium Green,
Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black,
Light Buttermilk, Light French Blue, Milk Chocolate, Moon Yellow, Olive Green, Poodleskirt Pink, Snow
(Titanium) White, Soft Blue, Soft
Lilac, Soft Sage, Tangerine, Tuscan
Red, Williamsburg Blue
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Round, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8; Script, #20/0, #5/0; Shader, #14; Flat Wash, 3/4", 1"; Deerfoot, 1/4"; Fabric Round, Series B1500, #4, #8; Decorator Collection: Mini Mop,
Series 400, 1/4", 3/8"
- Stencil brush, 1/4
- Old round brush, #1
- Wood bank from The Wood Shop
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic
- Checkerboard stencil, 1/4" squares
- 1. Use phillips screw driver to remove
screws from bottom of base; set screws aside. Sand wood surfaces; wipe dust. Paint base Milk Chocolate and base bank Lt. Buttermilk for opaque coverage.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines onto each side of bank. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 3. Use 1" flat wash and Honey Brown to shade along top and side edges of bank. Use checkerboard stencil to stencil top.
- 4. Use 1" flat wash and Lt. French Blue to float sky background area on both sides; shade Williamsburg Blue.
- 1. Use rounds to basecoat. Use #5/0 script liner to paint vines and #20/0 script liner to paint finer details lines. Use shader and flat wash to float, shade, and highlight. Use mops to blend floated colors. Use fabric rounds to dry brush. Use deerfoot and old #1 round to stipple snow. Refer to pattern as guide for shading (///) and highlighting (...).
- 1. Use following colors to base: Tangerine: carrot nose; Cadmium Yellow: yellow mitten areas, penguin's beak; Soft Blue: blue scarf, blue mitten areas; Soft Sage: money; Olive Green: holly leaves (Note: If there is no basecoat color for an area, color will be floated later.)
- 1. Use Graphite to float hat. Float hat
band Tuscan Red. Paint Lt. Buttermilk
snowflakes on scarf and mittens.
Add Tuscan Red stitch lines on scarf
and mittens; dot mittens. Shade hat
Lamp Black; add detailing. Shade
hat band Antique Maroon. Use Lt.
French Blue to float snowballs on hat
and snowman's body; stipple Snow
White highlights. Shade nose Burnt
Sienna. Dry brush cheeks Antique
Maroon. Use Lamp Black to paint
eyebrows, eyes, lashes, and mouth.
Use Williamsburg Blue to shade scarf
and mittens; use Deep Midnight Blue
to deepen shading in darkest areas.
Shade yellow mitten areas Tuscan
Red. Float stick arms Milk Chocolate;
- 1. Use Milk Chocolate to float; shade
another layer in darkest areas and add detailing. Float snow mounds and stipple snow in same manner as Snowman.
- 1. Use Graphite to float dark body color. Float scarf Tuscan Red. Use Milk Chocolate to float face and light body area. Shade scarf Antique Maroon. Shade dark body areas Lamp Black. Shade beak Burnt Sienna and highlight tip Lt. Buttermilk. Use Evergreen to shade money; add detailing. Add Moon Yellow pinstripe lines on scarf. Use Snow White to add highlight strokes and detail lines. Use Lamp Black to dot eyes and tiny
Holly Leaves, Vines, and Wording
- 1. Shade holly leaves Avocado; use Evergreen to deepen shading, to add leaf details, and to paint boughs. Paint
vines Milk Chocolate. Use Tuscan Red to float large berries; shade Antique Maroon. Dot tiny berries Tuscan Red. Use Lamp Black to paint wording; add detailing to large berry ends. Use Snow
White to add tiny highlight strokes on right side of berries and to stipple
snow. Add Snow White snowflakes in sky area and random snowdots.
- 1. Apply two to three sealer coats on bank and base. Reassemble bank.