Seasonal Savings - LadyBug
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Maroon, Antique Mauve, Avocado,
Burnt Orange, Burnt Sienna,
Cadmium Yellow, Deep Midnight
Blue, Dioxazine Purple, Evergreen,
Graphite, Hauser Medium Green,
Honey Brown, Lamp (Ebony) Black,
Light Buttermilk, Light French Blue, Milk Chocolate, Moon Yellow, Olive Green, Poodleskirt Pink, Snow
(Titanium) White, Soft Blue, Soft
Lilac, Soft Sage, Tangerine, Tuscan
Red, Williamsburg Blue
- Brushes: FM Dynasty: Black Gold, Series 206: Round, #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8; Script, #20/0, #5/0; Shader, #14; Flat Wash, 3/4", 1"; Deerfoot, 1/4"; Fabric Round, Series B1500, #4, #8;
Decorator Collection: Mini Mop,
Series 400, 1/4", 3/8"
- Stencil brush, 1/4"
- Old round brush, #1
- Wood bank from The Wood Shop
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic
- Checkerboard stencil, 1/4" squares
- 1. Use phillips screw driver to remove
screws from bottom of base; set screws aside. Sand wood surfaces; wipe dust. Paint base Milk Chocolate and base bank Lt. Buttermilk for opaque coverage.
- 2. Print out pattern; transfer basic pattern lines onto each side of bank. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 3. Use 1" flat wash and Honey Brown to shade along top and side edges of bank. Use checkerboard stencil to stencil top and sides Hauser Med. Green.
- 1. Use rounds to basecoat. Use #5/0 script liner to paint vines and rain drops, and #20/0 script liner to paint finer details lines. Use shader and flat wash to float, shade, and highlight. Use mops to blend floated colors. Use fabric rounds to dry brush. Refer to pattern as guide for shading (///) and highlighting (...).
- 1. Use following colors to base: Cadmium Yellow: beehive, yellow flower centers; Soft Lilac: purple umbrella; Soft Sage: money; Olive Green: flower leaves and stems (Note: If there is no basecoat color for an area, color will be floated later.)
- 1. Use Poodleskirt Pink to float petals;
use Antique Maroon to deepen shading and to add detail lines. Highlight flower center Lt. Buttermilk; shade Milk Chocolate and add dots along bottom edge. Add Snow White tri-dots at center top. Shade stem and leaves Avocado; deepen with Evergreen and highlight Moon Yellow.
- 1. Use Tuscan Red to float red body area; shade Antique Maroon. Use Graphite to float dark area on head and chest (behind beehive); shade Lamp Black. Shade face Milk Chocolate. Dry brush cheeks Antique Mauve. Base "spots" Graphite; highlight Lt. French Blue. Use Lamp Black to paint eyebrows, eyes, lashes, and mouth; add Antique Mauve nose.
- 1. Use Burnt Orange to shade beehive; use Burnt Sienna to deepen shading and to add detailing. Use Evergreen to shade money; add detailing. Use Snow White to dry brush highlights on beehive.
- 1. Shade Dioxazine Purple; use #8 round
brush handle to dot Poodleskirt Pink.
Use Dioxazine Purple to deepen shading in darkest areas; add detailing. Dry brush Lt. Buttermilk highlights. Use Milk Chocolate to float twig handle; add detailing. Base twig handle leaves Avocado; highlight Moon Yellow.
Raindrops, Vines, and Wording
- 1. Paint vines Milk Chocolate; add tiny
Avocado leaves. Use Lamp Black to paint wording. Use 5/0 script liner and slightly thinned Snow White to paint
raindrops. Use full strength Snow White to add highlight stroke along right side of drops on right and along left side of drops on left; add tiny highlight strokes in center.
- 1. Apply two to three sealer coats on bank and base. Reassemble bank.