St. Paddy's Card and Gift Tag
- DecoArt (for card and tag):
Americana Acrylics: Base Flesh,
Black Green, Burnt Orange, Dark
Chocolate, Hauser Dark Green,
Hauser Light Green, Hauser Medium
Green, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Santa
Red, Snow (Titanium) White, Tangelo
Orange, Terra Cotta; Dazzling Metallics (card only): Splendid Gold
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel:
Aqualon: Shader, Series R2150,
#10; Round, Series R2250, #1, #4;
Angular, Series R2160, 1/4", 3/8";
Script Liner, Series R2585, #10/0;
Glaze Wash, Series R2700, 1";
Majestic: Chisel Blender, Series
- Card: Cardstock: white, 8-1/2"x11;
optional: green, 2"x7"
- Tag: Birch plywood (1/16") or wood tag of choice
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic
Sealer/Finisher, Matte; DuraClear
- Decorative edge scissors (for card)
- Green 1/8"-wide satin ribbon (for tag)
- 1. For card, cut a 7"x10" rectangle from
white cardstock; fold in half to make a 5"x7" card. Transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 2. For tag, print out pattern. Cut tag using pattern. Drill hole where indicated. Sand tag, seal, and sand again. Use glaze wash brush to base entire tag Snow White for opaque coverage. Transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Use shader and Hauser Med. Green to base hat, coat, and socks; use Tangelo Orange to base beard. Use Base Flesh and shader to base face and #4 round to base hand. For shoes, use shader and Dk. Chocolate; use #4 round to paint Lamp Black soles. Use shader to base pants Hauser Dk. Green.
- 2. Use 3/8" angular and Black Green to shade all around pants. Use 1/4" angular and Hauser Dk. Green to shade sock lines and along bottom edge of socks. Use 3/8" angular to shade Hauser Dk. Green around jacket, collar, and pocket.
- 3. Use #4 round to base buttons Splendid Gold; use 1/4" angular to shade Hauser Med. Green behind buttons. Use #1 round to paint Lamp Black hat band; paint shamrock Hauser Lt. Green. Use 1/4" angular to shade Hauser Dk. Green above hat band.
- 4. Use #4 round to stroke Burnt Orange
bangs across top of face. Use 1/4"
angular to shade Terra Cotta behind nose. Use same brush to shade cheeks Santa Red. Use #4 round to base pipe Dk. Chocolate; use mix of Dk. Chocolate + tch. of Snow White to highlight top of pipe bowl and along top of pipe stem. Paint center of bowl Lamp Black.
- 5. Use chisel blender to dry brush Hauser Lt. Green highlights on tips of curved collar, center of pocket, and top of socks.
- 6. Use Lamp Black and stylus to dot eyes; line eyebrows and use #1 round to paint mouth. Use script liner and Lamp Black to add beard pattern, markings on buttons, and stitch lines on pockets; paint center line down jacket, pants, socks, and shoes, and add shoe laces.
- 7. Use Snow White to add tiny eye highlight dots; use #1 round to highlight top of nose and shoes.
- 8. Optional: Cut away a 3/8"-wide strip
from right side of card front. Use
decorative scissors to trim along one
lone edge of green cardstock; glue
straight edge to inside of card front
aligning decorative cut edge with back edge of card. Use computer and printer to print an Irish greeting and attach to inside of card.
- 1. Use Hauser Med. Green and shader to base hat; use #4 round to paint small shamrocks along bottom of tag. Use shader to base beard Tangelo Orange. Use same brush to base face Base Flesh. Use shader to paint checks Hauser Dk. Green.
- 2. Use #4 round and Lamp Black to paint hat band and mouth. Use #4 round to paint Hauser Lt. Green shamrock on hat band. Use 1/4" angular to shade Hauser Dk. Green above hat band.
- 3. Use 1/4" angular and Terra Cotta to
shade along edges of face and behind
nose. Use #4 round to stroke Burnt
Orange bangs across top of face. Use
1/4" angular to shade cheeks Santa Red. Use #4 round to base pipe Dk. Chocolate; use mix of Dk. Chocolate +
tch. of Snow White to highlight top of
pipe bowl and along top of pipe stem.
- 4. Use Lamp Black and stylus to dot eyes; use script liner to line eyebrows, add beard pattern, outline top of cheeks, to loosely outline edges of tag, and to line checked band. Use script liner to add Lamp Black lettering.
- 5. Use Snow White to add tiny eye highlight dots and use #1 round to
highlight top of nose.
- 6. For back of tag, use Lamp Black and #1 round to add lettering; use script liner to loosely outline tag edges. User
#4 round to paint shamrock Hauser Med. Green.
- 7. Apply varnish. Use ribbon for hanger.