Delicious Valentine Candlesticks
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics:
Bleached Sand, Boysenberry Pink,
Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate,
Pink Chiffon, Poodleskirt Pink,
- Brushes: Loew-Cornell: La Corneille Golden Taklon: Filbert, Series 7500, #2, #6; Script Liner, Series 7050, #18/0; Liner, Series
7350, #0; Angular Shader, Series
7400, 1/8", 1/4"; Wash/Glaze, Series 7550, 3/4"; Stencil Brush, Series 1136, #4
- Block Candle Holders, set of 3
(22-W940); White Battery Tea Lights
(11-27450); Pink Seed Beads;
Decorative Ribbon from Cupboard
- DecoArt: Americana Acrylic
Sealer/Finisher, Matte; Americana
Wood Sealer; Americana Acrylic
Multi-Purpose Sealer; Snow Writer;
(optional: Floral Stencil, Section C)
- 1. Fill any wood imperfections with wood
filler; let dry and sand smooth. Lightly
sand wood pieces; wipe dust. Use
wash/glaze brush to apply one coat wood sealer to wood pieces. When dry, lightly sand again and wipe dust.
- 2. Base wood pieces Poodleskirt Pink. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
Love Candle Holder
- 1. Use script liner and thinned Boysenberry Pink to paint pinstripes
on top and around base of candle holder. Use #6 filbert and Pink Chiffon
to base oval shape; use 1/4" angular
shader to shade Boysenberry Pink along outer edges. Use liner and Boysenberry Pink to add comma stroke detailing.
- 2. Double-load 1/8" angular shader with
Pink Chiffon on toe and Razzle Berry
on heel. With toe of brush at top, paint
"M" shape petals in back of rose. Create center of rose by starting at
left and pulling brush in a "frown" halfmoon stroke. Continue starting and
stopping points so they are parallel to
each other; this creates center back of
rosebud. For front of bud, place brush
at same starting point on left side, pull brush down and back up creating a
"smile" stroke ending brush stroke at
same stopping point on right side. Pull
a petal around each side of rose bud
center. Reload brush as needed.
- 3. Use script liner and thinned
Boysenberry Pink to paint "LOVE".
Lacey Candle Holder
- 1. Use thinned Boysenberry Pink and
script liner to paint crosshatch lines;
use stylus to dot intersecting lines.
Repeat design around base.
- 2. Use 1/4" angular shader to shade
Boysenberry Pink behind bottom of lace. Base lace Pink Chiffon. Use script liner and Boysenberry Pink to add comma strokes and stitch lines on lace. Add Pink Chiffon dots along bottom of lace edges.
Floral Candle Holder
- 1. Paint or stencil floral design Boysenberry Pink; paint or stencil
smaller floral design around base.
- 1. Use 1/4" angular shader to shade Razzle Berry behind bottom of drips. Base chocolate drips Milk Chocolate. Use 1/4" angular shader to shade Dk. Chocolate along bottom edges; highlight Bleached Sand.
- 1. Protect bulbs with low tack tape. Apply Multi-Purpose Sealer to lights; let dry. Base lights Poodleskirt Pink. Apply several light Sealer/Finisher coats to candle holders and lights.
- 2. Use Snow Writer to apply "icing" on lights and tops of candle holders allowing icing to drip down sides. (Note: Do not apply icing in candle hole.) While wet, sprinkle icing with
beads. Using a dotting method, apply
"icing" around top edge of base. Allow icing to dry completely. Tie decorative ribbons around stands as shown.