Valentine Photo Holder
- Wooden items: heart, 3-1/2”x4-1/2”x1/4”; ball, 1-1/4” diameter; candle cup, 1-1/4” tall; block, 2”x2”x2”; dowel rod, 1/8” diameter; LOVE letters, 1-1/4” tall
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Bubblegum Pink, Lamp Black
- Toner Crafts Licorice Fun Wire, 18-gauge
- Photos or cards
- Royal & Langnickel Aqualon Paintbrushes: Series R2700 Glaze Wash, 1/2", 3/4"; Series R2150 Shader #4; Series R2585 Script Liner 10/0; Series R2595 Liner 5/0
- DecoArt Duraclear Matte Varnish
- Eclectic Products E-6000 Industrial-Strength Adhesive
tracing paper, graphite paper, pencil, ruler, scissors, palette, stylus, wire cutters, drill with 1/8” bit, small saw, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Drill 1"-deep hole in bottom of heart and 1-1/2"-deep hole in center top of block. Drill completely through wooden ball and bottom of candle cup. Cut 10-1/4" length from dowel rod.
- Basecoat wooden ball and block Lamp Black using 3/4" wash; let dry. Basecoat remaining wooden items Bubblegum Pink; let dry.
- Loosely outline edges of heart on both sides Lamp Black using script liner; add hash lines.
- Print out patterns. Transfer pattern lines.
- Mix tiny amount Lamp Black with Bubblegum Pink on palette to make darker pink. Use handle end of liner brush or stylus to dot swirls on both sides of heart dark pink; let dry.
- Paint free-hand check design around center of candle cup Lamp Black using shader; let dry.
- Dot wooden ball Bubblegum Pink using stylus. Dot letters Lamp Black. Let dry.
- Loosely outline edges of block sides Bubblegum Pink using script liner. Use stylus to form heart in each corner.
- Cut two 14” and two 18” wire lengths. Coil one end of each length to create photo clips.
- Adhere dowel rod into bottom of heart. Adhere letters to sides of block. Let dry.
- Apply one coat of varnish to all wooden items; let dry.
- Holding wires and dowel together as one with bottom ends aligned, thread dowel rod and wires through wooden ball and candle cup, and then into wooden block, applying hot glue to ends. Adhere ball and candle cup to block. Let dry.
- Insert desired photos into photo clips, adjusting as needed.
- 1. Leave off wire to create simple home accent, or adhere single photo to each side of heart.