Miniature Flower Quilt Sampler Box & Brooch
- Zweigart 32-count White Lugana (box)
- DMC 18-count White Aida (brooch)
- Wooden box of choice, 6”x6”
- Dritz Flat Button Form, 1-1/8”, Size 45
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- White lace, 1/2”-wide
- Pin back
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
- French Knot: >1 strand (wrapped two times)
Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Approximate finished size: box, 4”x4”; brooch, 1”x1”. Stitch Count: box, 63 w x 63 h; brooch, 15 w x 15 h
- 1. Print cross-stitch chart and key.
- 2. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
- 3. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to place project in box opening.
- 1. Using only heart design from chart, stitch design on 18-count Aida.
- 2. Following manufacturer’s instructions for button form, cut fabric to size and form.
- 3. Sew gathering stitch along long edge of lace. Adhere gathered edge of lace to back edges of finished button
- 4. Adhere pin back to button form.
- 1. Sudberry House (www.sudberry.com) offers a complete line of products to display your cross-stitch creations. Instead of a box, try this design on a small tray, a trivet, or even a stylish key rack.