May Day Pocket Full of Posies
- Old blue jeans with pockets
- Ribbon in color of choice, 3/8”, 18” length per pocket
- Miscellaneous scrap items: fabric, felt, buttons, pearls, ribbons, jewelry, etc.
- Silk flowers
- Fabric paint
- Needle and thread (optional)
- Adhesives: thick craft glue, glue gun and glue sticks
scissors, ruler, pinking shears
- 1. Adult supervision is needed when using a glue gun.
- 1. To cut out pocket, use pinking shears to cut jeans approximately 3/8” from sides and bottom of pocket and 1-1/4” to 1-1/2” from top of pocket. See photo.
- 2. For hanging loop, adhere each end of 18” length ribbon to top corners of pocket. Adhere (or sew) buttons to top of each hanging loop end.
- 3. Referring to photo as guide, decorate front of pocket as desired using miscellaneous scraps and fabric paint. To create heart and butterfly shapes, refer to Figure 1.
- 4. Fill pocket with silk flowers.