Harmonic Fall Chimes - Pumpkin
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics: Antique
Gold, Forest Green, Jack-O'-Lantern
Orange, Lamp (Ebony) Black, Milk
Chocolate, Napa Red, Warm White
- Brushes: Royal & Langnickel Royal Soft-Grip Gold Taklon: Shader, Series SG150, #6, #10; Angular, Series SG160, 1/4", 1/2"; Script Liner, Series SG585, #2; Liner, Series SG595, #0; Glaze Wash, Series SG700, 3/4"
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Sealer/Finisher, Matte
- Silver craft wire, 19-gauge
- Fishing line
- Old metal measuring spoons
- Wood items and rusty country stars
(1", two) available through Betty
- Optional: Cedar picket fencing to
cut pumpkin and leaf; wood piece
for sign, 1-1/2"x8-1/2"x-1/4"
- 1. (Note: Use cedar wood for outdoor
durability.) Drill 1/8" holes through
stem and leaf, and across bottom of
pumpkin where indicated on pattern. Sand front and sides of wood items well; wipe dust.
- 2. Print out patterns; transfer basic pattern lines. (Transfer details as needed.)
- 1. Base Jack-O'-Lantern Orange. Sand lightly. Shade Milk Chocolate along outer edges. Use Napa Red to dry brush cheeks and paint nose. Use Lamp Black to base eyes and to paint eyebrows; add detailing under eyes, on nose, and along outer edges. Float Warm White along left side of eyes; add pupil dots and sparkle lines. Base stem Milk Chocolate; add Lamp Black detail lines. Base leaf Forest Green; sand lightly. Shade center vein Lamp Black.
- 1. Base sign Lamp Black; sand lightly.
Paint letters Warm White; dot ends.
- 2. Use Antique Gold to spatter entire
pumpkin, leaf, and sign; repeat with
- 3. Use photo as assembling guide. Use wire to secure leaf to pumpkin and to form hanging loop. Use fishing line to tie spoons to bottom holes. Glue sign to front of pumpkin and use Super Glue to adhere stars to cheeks.
- 4. Spray with several sealer coats.