- Pillow insert, 14”x18”
- Sewing machine and coordinating thread
- Air-soluble fabric marker
- Hook-and-loop tape (optional)
- Beacon Adhesives Liquid Thread (optional)
scissors, ruler or yardstick, straight pins
- Place shirt flat on table, right side up. Use scissors to split side seams and to remove sleeves along seams. Cut across top of shirt just below neck, separating it into front and back sections.
- Decide which way you want your artwork oriented, horizontally or vertically. Use fabric marker to draw a 19-1/4”x14-1/4” rectangle on front of shirt, encompassing artwork; cut for pillowcase front.
- Draw 20”x15” rectangle on back section of shirt; cut for pillowcase back. Cut rectangle in half, creating two 15”x10” pieces.
- Place pillowcase front on table, right side up. Place two pillowcase back sections on top of front section, right side down, lining up outside edges and overlapping edges at center. Pin fabric to secure.
- Sew, or glue, layers together 5/8” from outside edge of rectangles. If necessary, let glue dry. Turn pillowcase inside out through center opening. Insert pillow. If desired, sew or glue small piece of hook-and-loop tape to opening to help keep it closed; follow package directions.
- 1. Sew a bunch of t-shirt designs together to make a comforter cover.
- 2. Use size L or XL t-shirts with center artwork for best results.