Spring Welcome Mat
- Green doormat, 18”x24”
- DecoArt Patio Paints: Cloud White, Sprout Green, Petunia Purple, Wrought Iron Black, Citrus Green, Fuchsia, Pansy Purple
- Round scrubber paintbrushes: sizes #0, #4, #6, #14
- Poster board, 18”x24”
- For stencil, print and cut out pattern. Fold poster board in half. Trace patterns onto poster board; cut out.
- For flower, center stencil on mat, aligning bottom edges. Use #6 to stencil petal edges Petunia Purple. Use circular scrubbing motion to force paint into grooves in mat. Remove template. Use #14 to fill in petals with Petunia Purple. While still wet, use #14 to paint Cloud White along petal edges and Pansy Purple along flower head edges. Use #6 to paint flower head Fuchsia. While still wet, use #6 to paint flower head edges Cloud White.
- Use #14 to paint cheeks and nose Pansy Purple and to add Cloud White highlights. Use #0 to paint eyes, smile, and border Wrought Iron Black.
- For border, position leaf stencil as desired. Use #4 to stencil edges Citrus Green. Paint leaves Sprout Green and veins Wrought Iron Black. Add Fuchsia and Petunia Purple mini-flowers and dots around border as desired.