Butterfly Acrylic Pendant
- Grafix Clear Adhesive Backed Film, 8-1/2”x11”
- Digital butterfly image
- Clear acrylic flat-backed crystal
- Black leather cording, 18”-24” length
- Silver jump ring, 9mm
- Computer and printer
- Jewelry pliers
- Hand drill with small bit or heavy-duty hole punch
scissors, pencil, copy paper
- Crop image in photo editing program to match size of crystal. Add desired text to image. Flip photo horizontally to create mirror image.
- Paste image into word processing program and size photo slightly larger than size of pendant. Print test image on copy paper. Place crystal over image to check size; adjust image size if necessary. Print image onto sheet of Computer Grafix Adhesive Backed Film; let dry.
- Place flat side of crystal over image. Trace around crystal with pencil and cut out. Trace around crystal again on blank space on adhesive sheet; cut out.
- Remove backing from image and adhere to back of pendant; do not burnish.
- Remove backing from clear piece; adhere over image. Lightly burnish both pieces using finger.
- Drill or punch hole and insert jump ring at top of pendant; close jump ring.
- Cut cording to desired length; thread through jump ring. Knot cording ends together.
- 1. Visit Grafix’s YouTube channel for a video demonstration of this project at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chs7sjS2ckI