Beaded Woven Ribbon Pillow
- White cotton fabric (pillow back), 14” square
- Offray Grosgrain Ribbon, 7/8”, 18 ft. spool: Chartreuse, Light Pink
- Opal-lined E beads, 39
- Pellon Fusible interfacing, 15” square
- Fairfield Poly-fil polyester fiberfill
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle and matching thread
- Iron and pressing board
scissors, ruler, straight pins
- 1. Size is 13-1/2" square.
- 1. Cut fourteen 14” lengths from each ribbon color.
- 2. Place interfacing, fusible side up, on pressing board. (Note: Cut interfacing larger to allow for ribbons shifting.)
- 3. Place Light Pink ribbons horizontally across interfacing. Pin ribbon ends to interfacing.
- 4. Weave Chartreuse ribbons vertically through Light Pink ribbons, keeping rows straight. Pin ends to interfacing to secure.
- 5. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to fuse ribbons onto interfacing. Remove pins; trim to 14” square.
- 6. Hand stitch beads across center of pillow front.
- 7. With right sides together, machine sew pillow front to back with 1/4” seam allowance, leaving 5” opening at bottom for turning. Trim corners; turn right side out and stuff. Hand stitch opening closed.