Quilled Flower Cards
- Cardstock: light pink, light purple, white
- Quilling paper, 1/8”-wide: light pink, bright pink, light purple, bright purple, light green, bright green
- Quilling needle tool
- Fiskars Decorative-Edge Scissors: Pinking, Scallop
- Fiskars Rotary Cutter and Scoring Blade
- Circle template
- Green fine-tip permanent marker
- EK Success 2-Way Glue Pen
paper trimmer, ruler, pencil
- 1. Both cards are made in same way. Instructions for “The Earth Smiles in Flowers” card are indicated in parentheses.
- 1. Cut 5-1/2”x8-1/2” rectangle from light pink (light purple) cardstock. Use pencil to draw line down center to make two 4-1/4”x5-1/2” rectangles. Use rotary cutter, ruler, and scoring blade to score line. Fold in half. Draw stitch-line border as shown.
- 2. Use scalloped-edge scissors to cut 3-3/4”x5” rectangle from light purple (light pink); mat to card front. Draw stitch-line border as shown. Use pinking scissors to cut 3-3/8”x4-5/8” rectangle from white cardstock. Draw stitch lines and lettering with marker as shown. Mat to light purple (light pink) rectangle.
- 3. Read “How to Quill” tutorial below. Print quilling template.
- 4. For flowers, roll tight 5/8” circle. Press one edge of each side inward to form flower tops (Figure 1). Glue flowers to stems as shown.
- 5. For leaves, cut light green and bright green strips in half lengthwise. Roll 1/2” circles. To form marquise, pinch opposite sides into points (Figure 2). Glue leaves to stems as shown.
How to Quill
- 1. To quill, slightly moisten one end of strip. Place moistened end against index finger and pointed end of quilling needle tool on top of moistened end. Place thumb on top of tool. With paper and tool between index finger and thumb, roll paper around tool, keeping edges of strip even.
- 2. Remove paper from tool. Place roll in template, allowing coils to expand and fill circle. Remove roll from template; glue end to roll.