Three Wise Men
- Crayola Air-Dry Clay
- Wooden items: three jumbo craft sticks; skinny craft stick; small star
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Antique White, Baby Pink, Bright Yellow, Flesh Tone, Honey Brown, Lavender, Ocean Blue, Sour Apple, Warm White
- Darice Self-Stick Glitter Paper: Gold, Silver
- Purple rhinestones
- Gold cording, three 6” lengths
- Thick craft glue
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On clean work surface, remove air-dry clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning. Press craft sticks (three wise men) into clay and remove. Form clay into small mound.
- On covered work surface, paint clay mound Antique White. Lightly paint mound Warm White and Honey Brown. Glue wooden star on skinny craft stick (wise men). Glue craft stick on base. Paint star Bright Yellow.
- Print and cut out patterns. Paint jumbo
craft sticks (wise men) Flesh Tone. Transfer details on wise men.
- Paint mustaches and beards Warm White and cheeks Baby Pink. See photo. Paint bodies Sour Apple, Ocean Blue, and Lavender. Let dry.
- Use black marker to add details on wise men.
- Glue crown on head and rhinestone on crown. Cut presents from silver paper; glue on front of wise men. Measure and cut three 6” gold cording lengths. Tie lengths around presents. Glue wise
men into base. Let dry.
- 1. Check out this great book, Under the Star by Jane Yolen, as you create your
Three Wise Men!