Snowman Photo Frame
- Oval wooden frame, 4-1/2”
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Oven-Bake Clay: White, Blue, Black, Orange
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Magnet or picture hanger
- Photo of choice
- Jacquard Lumiere Paints: Pearlescent White, Pearlescent Magenta
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or acrylic brayer
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
scissors, ruler, paintbrush, toothpick, newspaper (to cover work surface), clear tape
- On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- Roll two White balls (arms) into logs. Press arms on sides of frame.
- For scarf, roll small White ball and small Blue ball and twist into log. Flatten log. Use old credit card to cut scarf. Press scarf on top of frame opening. Fringe ends.
- Roll small Orange ball into carrot-shape (nose). Press nose on center of scarf.
- For hat, roll Blue oval and press on top of frame. For hat brim, roll Blue log and press over hat. For tassel, roll small White ball and press on hat. Use toothpick to add details.
- For boots, roll two Black clay logs into “L” shapes. Press on bottom of frame.
- Position frame on parchment-lined baking sheet. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake frame in oven. Let cool. Remove clay items from frame.
- On covered work surface, paint frame Pearlescent White. Let dry. Adhere clay items on frame.
- Use Pearlescent Magenta to dot cheeks. Adhere wiggle eyes above nose. Let dry.
- Adhere magnet or hanger on back of frame. Tape photo on back of opening.
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
- 1. If rolling pins are not available, use a wooden dowel to roll clay on work surface.