Penguins & Igloo
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 11-7/8”x7/8” disc, 15”x16”x11-15/16”x 17-15/16” block
- Wooden items: four spoons (or
number of family members), eight
teardrops, one rectangle
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Baby Pink, Bright Orange, Festive Green, Lamp Black, True Red, Warm White
- DecoArt Snow-Tex
- Iridescent glitter
- Metallic pom-poms, 12
- Ribbon: red, green
- Thick craft glue
- Plastic knife
- Sponge scrap
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Black marker
- Print and cut out patterns. Cut igloo from block. Glue igloo entrance on back of igloo.
- On covered work surface, use sponge scrap to apply snowtex on igloo. Use toothpick to make lines on igloo. Let dry.
- Paint base of igloo Baby Blue; while still wet, sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Cut handles from wooden spoons. Transfer design onto spoons (penguins). Paint spoons Lamp Black, face and
stomachs Warm White, cheeks Baby Pink, and beaks Bright Orange.
- Paint wooden rectangle (sign) Warm White. Let dry. Paint border True Red. Let dry. Add Festive Green outline to border. Let dry.
- Use black marker to add details on sign and penguins.
- Glue igloo on base, sign on igloo, and wings on penguins. Glue pom-poms (snowballs) on base. Tie ribbon bows; glue on penguins. Glue penguins on