Clay Piggy Banks
- Recycled glass jar with lid
- Polyform Sculpey Bake Shop Oven-Bake Clay: Hot Pink, Purple, Blue, Yellow, Black
- Plaid Mod Podge decoupage medium
- Faux paper money
- DecoArt Americana Paint Writer: Black
- Embellishments: two nickels, two pennies
- Black beads, two
- Pink powdered blush
- Parchment-lined baking sheet
- Eclectic Products E-6000 Adhesive (or heavy-duty craft glue)
- Sponge scrap
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Wash and dry jar and lid. On covered
work surface, use sponge scrap to apply
decoupage medium to lid. Press and
smooth faux paper money on lid. Let dry.
- Use black paint marker to write lettering on glass jar. Let dry.
- On clean work surface, remove clay
from packages. To condition, roll clay
separately in hands until soft, bending
and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
- For pig’s body, roll 1/2” Hot Pink or Blue clay ball. Slightly flatten bottom. For head, roll 1/4” Hot Pink or Blue clay ball. Press head on body.
- For snout, roll small Hot Pink or Blue ball. Form into snout and press on face. For ears, roll two small Hot Pink or Blue balls. Press ears on sides of head. Press beads (eyes) on face.
- For arms and legs, roll four small Hot Pink or Blue balls. Form ends into teardrops. Press arms and legs on body; sandwich nickel between arms. Roll small Black hooves; press on ends of arms and legs.
- For tail, roll small Hot Pink or Blue ball. Roll ball into log; curl into tail and press on end of body.
- For spots, roll tiny Purple and Yellow
balls; press on body.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to
bake pig on parchment-lined baking
sheet. Let cool. Apply blush on cheeks.
- Glue pig and coins on top of lid. Let dry.
- 1. Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
Clay Piggy Banks