Cross-Stitch Cookbook Bookmarks
- White 16-count Aida-cloth bookmarks, 2”x6-7/8”, two
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- Backstitch: >1 strand
- Cross-stitch: >2 strands
scissors, iron, pressing cloth or bath towel
Size / Stitch Count
- 1. Approximate finished size of design: 1-7/16”x5-1/4”; Stitch count: 23 w x 85 h
- 1. Both bookmarks are made in same way.
- 1. Print cross-stitch chart and key.
- 2. Cross-stitch design centered on fabric using two strands of floss. To find center, fold bookmark in half, then in half again the opposite way. Mark center with contrasting thread.
- 3. Backstitch with one strand of floss. Backstitch letters with DMC 310 Black and stems with DMC 500 Very Dark Blue Green.
- 4. Press finished design from wrong side through a pressing cloth or towel. (Note: Pressing without a towel will flatten stitches and dull colors.)