- Recycled box
- White cardstock or construction paper
- White curling ribbon
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Blue/white checked ribbon, 6” length
- Silver bell, 1/2”
- White cord, 4” length
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: White Wash, Baby Blue
- Black markers: fine-tip, medium-tip
- API The Ultimate! Glue
scissors, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Cut off top of box to desired height. (Note: Box height should be a minimum of 5-1/2” tall.) Round top edge with scissors.
- 2. On covered work surface, paint inside of box Baby Blue and outside White Wash. Let dry. Using fine-tip marker, outline rounded edges on top of box.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Using fine-tip marker, draw outline and nose on head. Adhere wiggle eyes to head. Fold back flap on head and adhere to front of sheep.
- 4. Tie ribbon bow. Thread cord through bell and tie around bow’s center. Adhere bow with bell under head.
- 5. Cut curling ribbon into 3” lengths and curl using edge of scissors. Adhere pieces to sheep.
- 6. For legs, cut four 2-1/2”x3” strips from white paper. Use medium-tip marker to draw line on one long edge (hoof) of each strip. Roll strips into 3/4” tubes (legs) and adhere closed. Using scissors, make 1/4” snips around top edge of tube (side opposite of hoof) and fold paper down to create tabs for adhering to bottom of box. Adhere legs to bottom of sheep with black line on bottom for hooves.
- 1. Young kids can paint the sheep while you cut and curl ribbon. All they’ll have to do is glue!
- 2. Use a paper plate as a palette for paint or as an easier way for little kids to apply glue. Just give them a sponge scrap and have them blot glue onto ribbon ends.
- 3. Try cloud decorative-edge scissors to round the box top!
- 1. Pack your sheep with small travel items, candy, a deck of cards, mini perfume bottles, and other small gifts. Deliver to your local nursing home or to a local shut-in in your neighborhood!