- Medium and small rock, washed and dried
- Yarn, various colors
- Tan felt
- Wiggle eyes, two
- Gold wire (Optional)
- Loew-Cornell American Painter paintbrushes: Wash, 3/4”, 1/2”; Shader, 14/0
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Flesh Tone, Mocha, Sable Brown
- Red chalk
- Beacon Adhesives Kid Choice! Glue
scissors, black marker, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Adhere small rock (nose) in center of large rock. Let dry. On covered work surface, choose skin color and paint face and nose. Rub red chalk on cheeks and tip of nose.
- Adhere eyes above nose. Draw mouth with marker.
- Cut two small pieces from yarn (eyebrows) and adhere above eyes. Cut 10 longer pieces of yarn and tie in center with yarn. Position and adhere on head for hair. Trim as needed. Repeat for mustache if desired.
- Make glasses from wire, wrap around head, and adhere in back.
- Trace rock onto tan felt and cut out. Adhere felt to bottom of head.