Photo Tree Canvas
- Stretched canvas, 16”x20”
- Wooden shapes: circles, 2”, five; bird; heart; teardrop, 1-1/2”
- Brown cardstock
- Flat-backed rhinestones, three
- Photographs of choice
- Circle punch, 5/8”
- Royal and Langnickel EZ Transfer Home Sentiments Rub-ons
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Blue, Primary Green, Primary Red, Lamp Black, Bahama Blue, Snow White
- Beacon Adhesives: Gem-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Liquid Laminate
paintbrushes, scissors, black marker, foam brush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, paint canvas and wooden shapes as follows: canvas Baby Blue, tree top Primary Green, wooden circles and bird Bahama Blue, teardrop Snow White, heart Primary Red. Let dry. Use black marker to outline teardrop and heart.
- Refer to photo to trace simple tree shape on brown cardstock with pencil. Cut out with scissors. Use foam brush and Liquid Laminate to découpage tree trunk onto canvas as shown. Apply several coats as needed, smoothing out air bubbles.
- Punch photos out with circle punch. Use Liquid Laminate to découpage photos centered on circles.
- Adhere wooden circles, heart, bird, and teardrop (bird’s wing) on canvas using Gem-Tac. Adhere flat-backed rhinestones to heart using Gem-Tac. Use thin paintbrush and Lamp Black to outline tree top and paint bird legs.
- Cut rub-on sentiment from package and cut apart words individually. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply words around tree top.