Embroidered Burlap Coupon Pouch
- Burlap, 10”x9”
- DMC Pearl Cotton, size 5, in assorted pinks and browns
- Buttons, two
- Black open-ended zipper, 8” length
- Black cotton thread
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Embroidery needle
- Fabric stabilizer
scissors, ruler, pins, iron and pressing surface
- 1. Iron stabilizer to one side of burlap fabric. Cut 9-3/4”x8-3/4” rectangle from burlap. Fold and iron 1/2” along both short edges. Pin folded edge to secure.
- 2. Pull zipper apart into two pieces; machine sew one piece to each folded edge. Slot base of zipper into position and pull zipper forward 1” with stabilizer facing out. Pin and sew side seams using 3/8” seam allowance with black cotton thread.
- 3. Turn pouch right side out and iron flat.
- 4. Print out full-size pattern. Transfer pattern onto pouch. Embroider flowers on pouch with embroidery floss as indicated. Clip thread ends. Attach buttons onto flower centers.
- 1. If you don’t have an open-ended zipper, cut two 4-3/4”x8-3/4” strips from burlap. Attach zipper then sew sides and base of pouch.