Colorful Neon Wall Letters
- Sakura of America Gelly Roll Moonlight Gel Ink Pens
- Papier-mâché letters: A, R, T
- Neon cardstock, assorted colors
- Jewelry wire
- Wire cutters
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, glue gun and sticks
pencil, ruler, copy paper
- Using pencil, draw random design on first papier-mâché letter (A). Using Gelly Roll Moonlight Gel Ink Pens, fill in shapes with different colors. (Note: For contrast, leave some shapes bare.)
- For second letter (R), use gel pens to write meaningful words. Emphasize meaningful words in different colors.
- Use gel pens to draw concentric circles on last letter (T). Create varying effects by drawing various size circles in an overlapping design.
- Measure sides and center cut-outs of each letter; cut paper strips to same dimensions. Adhere paper strips to sides and center cut-outs of each letter. Let dry.
- Write “create” onto copy paper. Using written word as template, bend jewelry wire to follow shape of word. Trim ends with wire cutters. Adhere word to top of letters using glue gun.
- 1. Visit Sakura’s YouTube Channel for a video demonstration of this project. http://youtu.be/gf1_QD6BCEI