Burlap Photo Décor
- FloraCraft Make It: Fun Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Block, 11-5/16”x11-7/8”x17-7/8”
- Avatrex Scrapbooking Attitude Inkjet Film, 8-1/2”x11”, two sheets
- Sepia-toned digital photograph, 8”x10”
- Burlap: bleached or white, 18”x24”; natural, 3”x24”
- Ivory felt, 11”x17”
- Brown leather lacing, 1/8”-wide, 3 yds.
- Large paper clip
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 12” Rotary Paper Trimmer, 12” Metal Ruler, #11 Craft Knife, 8” Scissors, 5” Precision Tip Scissors
- Elmer’s CraftBond All Purpose Glue Stick
pencil, fine-tip black marker, straight pins, copy paper, damp paper towels, large wooden dowel, glue gun and sticks
- Apply generous layer of glue stick over front of foam block. Center white burlap over block and press to glue.
- Cut away square of excess fabric at each corner so sides will wrap neatly to back without mitering corners.
- Apply glue to each edge of foam and wrap excess fabric to back. Turn foam over and apply additional glue to back edge; press burlap to glue. Apply additional glue on top of burlap at corners to seal cut ends.
- Apply additional glue over back of foam; press felt to foam to cover raw burlap edges.
- With computer and inkjet printer, resize photo as desired and test print onto copy paper. Read Scrapbooking Attitude package instructions. Print mirror image of digital photo onto glossy side of Attitude sheet. Trim image using rotary paper trimmer; do not remove backing paper.
- Position image on burlap panel and mark corners with pins; remove image. Apply generous layer of glue stick within area marked by pins.
- Turn Attitude image over and place on glued area; smooth carefully with fingers. Carefully peel away backing while still pressing film in place. Remove straight pins.
- Print mirror image of title onto second Attitude sheet. Rough cut title from sheet, then detail cut 1/8” from words. Apply glue stick to desired title location on burlap panel. Peel backing from title, turn over, and press onto glued area; smooth carefully. Use damp paper towel to remove excess glue.
- Fray 1/2” along each edge of natural burlap strip. Wrap strip around top of burlap panel, knotting at right edge. Cut leather lacing into two 54” lengths; wrap lengths around top of burlap strip, knotting at right edge. To curl lacing ends, dampen and wrap around wooden dowel until dry.
- For hanger, slightly separate curved ends of paper clip 1/4”. Use craft knife to cut 1/4”-long shallow slit in top center back of burlap panel, 2” from top edge. Insert shorter, rounded end of paper clip into slit, creating hanger with longer end. Secure with glue gun if loose.
- 1. Use new Quilt Attitude from Avatrex to turn the same image into a quilt block or t-shirt.