Award Winning Gift Set
- Recycled quart jar
- Large soup can
- Wooden shapes: acorn finial, 1-7/8”; circles, two: 2-1/2”, 3”; wooden handle with wire; miniature clothespins, two
- Ribbon, 7/8”; lemongrass; kiwi
- Paper shipping tags, two
- Americana Acrylic Paints (DecoArt): Alizarin Crimson; Hauser Light Green; Light Buttermilk; Soft Black; Honey Brown
- Patterned paper: beige/red dot; red/white Christmas lettered
- Glittered buttons: circle, 1/2”; star
- Wire, 8” length
- Hemp, 12” length
- Rubber stamps: primitive star; sheep; alphabet
- Black pigment ink
- Paper trimmer
- Wax candle
- Sanding block
- Drill and 1/16” bit
- Aleene’s (iLoveToCreate): Original Tacky Glue; Fabric Fusion; Liquid Fusion
rubber bands, ruler
- Remove lid from jar. Paint lid Alizarin Crimson and acorn finial Hauser Green. Dry brush all pieces light Buttermilk. Paint 2-1/2” circles Soft Black. When dry, randomly rub surface with wax candle. Paint circles and 3” circle Light Buttermilk. Lightly sand 2-1/2” circles to reveal distressed finish.
- Use Liquid Fusion to glue acorn finial to top of jar lid. Stamp sheep and star motifs in center of 2-1/2” circles. Glue one side of 3” circles to wrong side of Christmas lettered paper. Let dry and cut out, sanding edges even. Glue stamped circles to center of patterned paper circles, and button and star to images as shown.
- Cut 11 3” lengths and two 6” lengths from each color ribbon. For award ribbon, double over 3” lengths and glue ends to back of large wooden circles, slightly overlapping with glue. Stamp desired sentiment on 6” lengths and fork ends with scissors. Glue ends to back of large wooden circles. Glue clothespins to back of circles.
- Dilute Honey Brown with equal parts water; lightly paint surface of paper tag. Stamp content names on tags.
- Layer ingredients for jar using following recipe and funnel if needed. Replace lid. Cut 6” length from hemp, thread through tag hole and tie around jar. Use clothespin to clip ribbon to hemp hanger.
- For can, measure length and width of can and use paper trimmer to cut paper according to measurements. Glue paper, using rubber bands to secure while drying. Drill two holes at opposite sides of can. Cut two 4” lengths from wire. Use wire to attach handle to can. Repeat above step to attach ribbon to front of can. Layer crust ingredients in plastic bag and place inside can.
Award Winning Gift Set
Apple Crisp Jar