Die-Cut Cosmetic Bag & Brush Holder
- IKEA Evalill Dish Towel 2-Pk. (Gingham/Floral)
- Felt: white, pink, green
- Want2Scrap Crystal Bling
- Buttons: white, 1”; pink flower, 1/2”
- Creative Impressions Pink Dotted Ribbon
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Shapeabilities Les Papillions, Spiral Blossom Four, Fall Foliage, Jewel Flowers and Flourishes; Grand Nestabilities Labels Eleven
- Sewing machine and thread: white, pink
- Adhesives: Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L My Stik Permanent Strips Dispenser, Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
fabric scissors, ruler, craft knife, disappearing fabric marker, straight pins, sewing needle, iron and pressing surface
- 1. Cut three 9-1/2”x22” strips from tea towels, two floral and one gingham. Cut width of each strip from machine-hemmed edges of towels; towel hanging loop should be at center of gingham strip. (Note: Preserving hemmed edge saves sewing time and gives smooth appearance to open end of finished bag; hanging loop serves as buttonhole.)
- 2. Pin and sew floral strips with wrong sides together, sewing close to edges. Place gingham strip on top of floral strips, with right sides together, aligning machine-hemmed edges. Sew layers together along sides and bottom using 1/2” seams; do not sew machine-hemmed edges.
- 3. Turn bag right side out and press seams, ensuring neat corners.
- 4. Fold bag into thirds and mark button placement beneath towel hanging loop. Sew button to bag through top layer of fabric only.
- 5. From felt, die cut one white and one pink Les Papillions shapes, two white and two pink Spiral Blossoms Four, and four green Fall Foliage aspen leaves.
- 6. Wind white and pink flower die cuts into blossoms; secure base with Fabri-Tac. For two-tone flower, layer two die-cut shapes before winding. Adhere leaves, butterflies, and flowers to bag with Fabri-Tac. Adhere gems to butterfly body. Let dry.
Make-Up Brush Holder
- 1. Die cut two Grand Labels Eleven #6 shapes from pink felt. Run My Stik adhesive lightly around edges of one felt piece; place second piece on top.
- 2. At intervals of approximately 1”, use pink thread to sew five straight lines across center area of felt. With craft knife, carefully cut small slits at end of each section to hold brushes.
- 3. Cut two 8” ribbon lengths. Insert one end of each length between felt layers at curved ends of brush holder. Machine stitch to secure ribbon ends. Tie bag closed.
- 4. From felt, die cut three Jewel Flowers and Flourishes flowers, two white and one pink, and two green leaves. Adhere leaves and layered flowers to bag with Fabri-Tac.
- 5. Adhere flower button to felt flower center with Glossy Accents. Let dry.
- 1. Cut fabric strips for large bag from hemmed end of towels to create fast, finished opening.