Clay Bunny Ornament
- Polyform Sculpey III Oven Bake Clay: 1 pkg. each: Tan, Sweet Potato, Leaf Green
- Craft wire, 22-gauge, 1” length
- Pink satin ribbon, 1/8”-wide, 7” length
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: White, Pretty Pink, Black, Moroccan Red
- Polyform Sculpey Glaze, Satin
- Paintbrushes: liner, flat, shader
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
- Adhesives: Polyform Liquid Sculpey, one bottle; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
scissors, ruler, craft knife
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions to condition clay. Roll Tan into balls as follows: one 1” (head), four 1/2” (ears and feet), and two 3/8” (paws), and one 3/16” (nose). Print and cut out patterns. Use patterns as guide to shape ears, paws, and feet. Shape head into 1-1/2”-long egg shape.
- Roll carrot-shape from Sweet Potato; press against work surface to flatten. Use craft knife to score fingers on paws and toes on feet. Roll Forest Green into two 2”-long snakes for scarf.
- For hanger, fold wire length in half making loop in center; twist ends together. Apply liquid clay to ends; insert into top of head. (Note: Liquid clay acts as adhesive.)
- Apply liquid clay to all bunny sections to be adhered together. Press ears to head; head to top of carrot; scarf to carrot below head (wrap around carrot and twist ends together at side). Press paws and feet to carrot; nose to face, then remove. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake. Dip in water to cool.
- Use liner and Black to paint face as shown in Fig. 1. Drybrush edges of feet, paws, and ears White and center of ears, heels, toes, and paws Pretty Pink. Paint nose Pretty Pink and hearts on carrot and mouth outline Moroccan Red. Use liner and Black to paint remaining details as shown. When dry, apply glaze to entire surface.
- Adhere nose to face. Insert ribbon through loop on head; knot ends.