- Recycled gallon milk jug
- Recycled plastic margarine
container with lid
- Recycled water bottle
- Plastic-foam ball, 1”
- Jacquard Lumiere Paints: Sunset Gold
- Gold rickrack
- Dried macaroni
- Gold tissue paper
- Rhinestones, assorted colors & sizes
- Aleene’s: Original Tacky Glue, Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage
- Black marker
- Paintbrush or foam brush
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- Use marker to draw line around top of milk jug just above handle. Cut off top
portion and recycle. Turn jug upside down. Use marker to draw lines up sides of jug and around handle; cut off portions and recycle. Position milk
jug (bottom) on kid’s head. Adjust size if needed. Use marker to draw line
outlining kid’s face around ear sections; cut off portions and recycle.
- Use scissors to cut top half from water bottle; recycle bottom portion. Glue
plastic-foam ball on top of bottle. Position margarine container, with lid, upside down. Glue water bottle on center of bottom of margarine container.
- Glue bottom of margarine container on center bottom of milk jug (hat). Let dry.
- On covered work surface, tear 1” squares of gold tissue paper. Use foam
brush to apply decoupage medium on tissue squares. Apply tissue squares on
hat covering all areas. Apply second coat of decoupage medium on tissue squares. Let dry.
- Glue dried macaroni across front of hat, around neck of water bottle, and across margarine container. Let dry.
- Paint all areas of hat Sunset Gold. Let dry.
- Cut and glue gold rickrack around margarine container, center of bottle,
and base of bottle. Glue rhinestones on all areas of hat as desired. Let dry.