Scary Witch Pinata
- Construction paper: purple, black, yellow, green
- Craft foam: yellow, purple
- Lime green acrylic paint
- Orange ribbon, 24” length
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Paintbrush or sponge scrap
- Black marker
- Plastic bowl
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- On covered work surface, mix water and glue to heavy consistency in plastic bowl. Measure and cut 1”x4” newspaper strips. Inflate medium-size balloon and tie knot. Dip paper strips in glue mixture and smooth onto balloon, covering all areas. Leave small area uncovered on bottom of balloon. Let dry.
Add second layer of newspaper strips; let dry completely.
- Pop balloon. Fill balloon with wrapped candy and small toys. Seal opening with newspaper and glue mixture. Let dry.
- Paint balloon lime green. Let dry.
- Print and cut out patterns. Fold center of nose to create dimensional look. Curl
eyelashes around pencil.
- Glue eyes, nose, and mouth on piñata. Use black marker to draw pupils on eyes. Cut 1/2” purple craft foam circle (wart) and two 1” yellow craft foam
squares (teeth). Glue wart on nose and teeth on mouth.
- For hair, measure and cut 1/2”x9” and 1/4”x 6” purple paper strips. Glue hair and bangs on piñata. Curl edges of hair
- For collar, measure and cut 8” black paper circle. Glue collar on bottom of piñata. For hat and hat brim, cut 8” triangle and 9” circle from black paper.
Wrap triangle into cone and glue on center of circle (hat brim). Glue hat brim on top of piñata.
- To hang, cut small hole in top of hat. Measure and cut 24” ribbon length. Thread ribbon through hole; knot ends