Pot O' Gold Party Favor
- Clay pot, 1-1/2” diameter
- Wooden hearts: 1/16” thick, 7/8” across, three
- Green craft-foam, scrap
- Acrylic paints: green, white
- Gold glitter paint
- Gold foil-covered candies, enough to fill pot
- Matte acrylic spray sealer
- Black fine-point permanent marker
- Tracing paper
- Glue gun and sticks or thick craft glue
scissors, ruler, pencil, sandpaper, paper towel, paper plate (for palette), household sponge scrap, paintbrush
- 1. Basecoat all surfaces of clay pot white. Lightly sand heart edges as needed; wipe dust with paper towel. Paint wooden hearts green.
- 2. Cut a 5/8” square from sponge; sponge paint a green square every 5/8” around rim of pot. (Note: There will be six green squares, and six white spaces between squares, around rim.) Lightly sponge pot below rim with green. Spray all painted items with one coat of sealer.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Transfer one stem onto green craft foam. Cut out stem.
- 4. With marker, outline stem and each heart with dashed lines; outline squares along rim. If desired, outline white squares 1/16” inside edges.
- 5. Use handle end of paintbrush to dot center of each green square along rim with gold glitter paint.
- 6. Using photo as guide, adhere hearts and stem in a clover shape to center front of pot. Fill pot with gold foil-covered candies.