- Red sweatshirt and sweatpants
- Red baseball cap
- Recycled cotton t-shirts (or fabric scraps): blue, red
- Recycled plastic bottles: two 2L, four individual water
- Recycled potato chip bag (or aluminum foil)
- Recycled bottle caps
- Recycled cereal box
- Yellow felt
- Elastic cording, 8” length
- Velcro tape, 3” length
- Hole punch
- Aleene’s: Fabric Fushion, Fast Grab Tacky Spray
- Ruler or measuring tape
- Paintbrush or sponge scrap
- Black marker
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. Adults, help kids when using tacky spray.
- 1. Print and cut out patterns. Cut burst
from blue fabric and lightning bolt from yellow felt.
- 2. On covered work surface, use paintbrush or sponge scrap to apply fabric glue on burst. Press burst on center of sweatshirt. Let dry.
- 3. Glue lightning bolt on center of burst. Let dry.
Arm & Leg Bands
- 1. Wash and dry two 2L bottles (leg bands) and two water bottles (arms bands). Use scissors to cut top and bottom from each bottle, leaving center sections. Recycle cut pieces.
- 2. Measure and cut two 3”x8” blue fabric strips (arm bands) and two 4”x10” red fabric strips (leg bands).
- 3. On covered work surface, spray fabric strips and center of bands with tacky spray. Press fabric strips around bands, overlapping edges. Let dry.
- 4. Print and cut out patterns. Cut
lightning bolts from yellow cardstock.
- 5. Spray back of lightning bolts and center of fabric strips with tacky spray. Press lightning bolts on fabric strips. Let dry.
- 6. Use scissors to cut slit on back of bands.
- 1. Wash and dry two water bottles.
- 2. Follow Steps 2–5 in Arm & Leg Bands to glue fabric and lightning bolts onto bottles.
- 3. Print and cut out pattern. Cut helmet
pattern from water bottle.
- 4. On covered work surface, apply fabric glue on bottles and press on sides of hat. Let dry.
- 5. Glue lightning bolts on hat.
- 1. Cut open potato chip bag (for silver lining). Wipe clean. (Or use aluminum foil).
- 2. Open brown paper bag. Measure and cut bottom 6” from bag. Cut square from chip bag or foil same-size as bottom of paper bag.
- 3. Print and cut out patterns.
- 4. On covered work surface, spray silver square and bag. Press silver square on side of bag. Let dry.
- 5. For head opening, position pattern on bottom of paper bag. Cut head opening from bag.
- 6. Measure and cut two 2”x3” yellow felt strips. Glue Velcro on ends of strips and strips on back of control panel.
- 7. Glue recycled caps (knobs) and cardstock squares on control panel.
- 8. Position control panel on kid. Cut half-circle shapes on sides for shoulders.
- 1. Print and cut out pattern. Cut mask
from recycled cereal box.
- 2. Cut eye holes from mask. Use hole punch to punch holes on mask as indicated on pattern.
- 3. Cut recycled potato chip bag or aluminum foil to cover mask. Glue silver pieces onto mask.
- 4. Measure and cut 8” elastic cording length. Thread and knot cording lengths through holes on mask. Adjust length as needed.