- Glitter craft foam: red, gold
- Creative Paperclay Delight Air-Dry Clay
- Krylon Metallic Spray Paint: Bright Silver (1401), Bright Gold
- Silver buttons, six
- White feather
- Gold rickrack
- Ribbon, four 12” lengths
- Recycled plastic milk jug
- Textured or heavy-duty place mats, two
- Recycled white tube socks, three
- Recycled paper towel tube
- Heavy-duty paper plate
- Red stiffened felt
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue
- Black marker
- Rubber bands
- Plastic knife
- Newspaper (to cover work surface)
- 1. On clean work surface, remove clay from package. To condition, roll clay in hands until soft, bending and rolling
until pliable. If clay cracks, keep
- 2. Roll clay into 1/2”-thick log. Use
plastic knife to cut nine 1/2” pieces (helmet bolts). Roll two 2” clay balls to 1” thickness. Measure and cut one 1”x2” rectangle and one 2” square.
Glue feather onto end of rectangle. Press silver button into center of square. Set bolts and clay pieces aside to dry.
- 3. On covered work surface, cut top 2” from milk jug and recycle. Position bottom piece upside down on work surface. Cut handle from milk jug and
- 4. Position helmet on kid’s head (with opening in back). Use marker to draw ovals over eye areas and under nose. Use
scissors to cut areas from helmet.
- 5. Spray helmet Bright Gold. Let dry.
- 6. Glue bolts on helmet edges. Glue feather rectangle on top of helmet and button square above nose area. Let dry.
- 1. On covered work surface, spray place mats (chest plates) Bright Silver. Let dry.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Cut letter of choice from red glitter craft foam. Glue letter on center of shield and
shield on front of chest plate.
- 3. Cut and glue gold rickrack along bottom edge of chest plate.
- 4. Measure and cut two 12” lengths of red felt. Cut ends into points. Glue red strips onto top of chest plates.
- 5. Glue silver buttons on corners of felt strips.
- 6. For ties, measure and cut four ribbon lengths. Glue ribbon lengths on top of chest plates. To wear, tie ribbon lengths together (from front to back).
- 1. On covered work surface, spray paper plate Bright Silver. Let dry.
- 2. Print and cut out patterns. Glue shield shape on center of plate and diamond
shape on center of shield shape.
- 3. Glue silver button on center of shield.
- 4. For handle, cut 1-1/2”x9” felt strip. Glue ends of felt strip on sides of back of plate.
- 1. Cut top from one tube sock and recycle. Position tube sock over paper towel tube; use rubber band to secure. For sword tip, glue end of tube into point. Let dry.
- 2. On covered work surface, spray bottom of sword Bright Gold and top of sword Bright Silver. Let dry.
- 1. Cut toe areas from two socks. Cut small holes on heel areas (for thumbs).
- 2. On covered work surface, spray gloves Bright Silver. Let dry.